What is involved in Process architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Process architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process architecture related domains to cover and 184 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process architecture, Abstraction, Calculus of communicating systems, Complex system, Complexity, Dualistic Petri nets, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise information security architecture, Flowchart, Hierarchy, Information architecture, Infrastructure, Method engineering, Petri net, Petri nets, Process calculus, Process engineering, Process management, Process modeling, Process theory, Real-time computing, Superstructure, System, System of systems, Systems architecture, Systems theory, Workflow, ?-calculus:
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Process architecture goals and develop and take control of the Process architecture initiative.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Process architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Process architecture is underway?
– Which Process architecture goals are the most important?
Abstraction Critical Criteria:
Explore Abstraction governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Abstraction because they lack skills.
– What will drive Process architecture change?
– How would one define Process architecture leadership?
– How do we keep improving Process architecture?
Calculus of communicating systems Critical Criteria:
Refer to Calculus of communicating systems tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Calculus of communicating systems relationship management.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Process architecture products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How likely is the current Process architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do we have past Process architecture Successes?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Complex system projects and balance specific methods for improving Complex system results.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– How important is Process architecture to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Improve Process architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Complexity outcomes and finalize specific methods for Complexity acceptance.
– The approach of traditional Process architecture works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Process architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Process architecture project lifecycle?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Process architecture moving forward?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Process architecture study?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Dualistic Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Judge Dualistic Petri nets leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Dualistic Petri nets.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Process architecture strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Process architecture?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Process architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Probe Enterprise architecture quality and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Process architecture project?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Process architecture Management?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise information security architecture Critical Criteria:
Coach on Enterprise information security architecture risks and change contexts.
– In a project to restructure Process architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Process architecture strengthening and reform?
– How can skill-level changes improve Process architecture?
Flowchart Critical Criteria:
Confer over Flowchart quality and find the ideas you already have.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Process architecture leaders?
– Are accountability and ownership for Process architecture clearly defined?
– Are there Process architecture Models?
Hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Hierarchy projects and look at the big picture.
– Once youve designed the integrated navigation system, you can consider the addition of one or more remote navigation elements. In most cases, you will need to choose between a table of contents, an index, and a site map. Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Grouping content into the top-level categories of an information hierarchy is typically the most important and challenging process you will face. How should the content be organized?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Process architecture process?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Will Process architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the business goals Process architecture is aiming to achieve?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Information architecture engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In the same way that you profile content against business goals or user needs, you can profile it according to brand alignment. Are you emphasizing content that works against your brand positioning?
– Are users employing different labels or looking for information that does not exist on your site?
– Are you constantly questioning: is this content, menu and so on useful?
– Is there a plan for ongoing measurement and evaluation of navigation?
– Have advanced search types been considered and evaluated for use?
– Should the solution facilitate discovery of related information?
– Is the Information access compliant with FOIA and Privacy Act?
– Has the time for updating the information been scheduled?
– How to judge when enough information has been gathered?
– How can I contribute to my community most effectively?
– How do you use it -how will the user interact with it?
– What types of tasks should users be able to perform?
– Has autosuggesting metadata been considered?
– Has the scope of search being determined?
– Has autocategorization been considered?
– What does an Information Architect do?
– Is it obvious where links lead you?
– What can you afford?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Infrastructure governance and catalog what business benefits will Infrastructure goals deliver if achieved.
– What role(s) do or should national/international standards and organizations that develop national/international standards play in critical infrastructure Cybersecurity conformity assessment?
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Which cloud Service Management process monitors and reports on allocation and utilization of resources by consumers in order to generate a chargeback report?
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– Will Process architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does remote server administration require multi-factor authentication of administrative users for systems and databases?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– What do we see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– Does the cloud provide all of the infrastructure building blocks we require?
– Is there demand for Amazon AWS infrastructure management services?
– Which Service Management process helps to mitigate this impact?
– Impact does it cause for the other applications on the device?
– Which raid technique does the graphic represent?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– What is a feature of a linked clone?
– What are the key points?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Method engineering visions and adjust implementation of Method engineering.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Process architecture in a volatile global economy?
– How will you know that the Process architecture project has been successful?
– Do Process architecture rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Petri net adoptions and create Petri net explanations for all managers.
– Do those selected for the Process architecture team have a good general understanding of what Process architecture is all about?
– How do we measure improved Process architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Process architecture move?
Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Frame Petri nets failures and devote time assessing Petri nets and its risk.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Process architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who needs to know about Process architecture ?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Investigate Process calculus projects and create Process calculus explanations for all managers.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Process architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What vendors make products that address the Process architecture needs?
– What are all of our Process architecture domains and what do they do?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Rank Process engineering tasks and check on ways to get started with Process engineering.
– Does Process architecture analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the long-term Process architecture goals?
– Are there Process architecture problems defined?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Process management projects and get answers.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How do we Identify specific Process architecture investment and emerging trends?
– What threat is Process architecture addressing?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Process modeling adoptions and drive action.
– Is Process architecture Required?
Process theory Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Process theory visions and oversee implementation of Process theory.
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process architecture project manager?
– Are there recognized Process architecture problems?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Real-time computing outcomes and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Real-time computing services.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Process architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is maximizing Process architecture protection the same as minimizing Process architecture loss?
Superstructure Critical Criteria:
Rank Superstructure outcomes and get the big picture.
– How do we know that any Process architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
System Critical Criteria:
Huddle over System risks and gather practices for scaling System.
– Are security alerts from the intrusion detection or intrusion prevention system (ids/ips) continuously monitored, and are the latest ids/ips signatures installed?
– Has your organization conducted an evaluation of the Cybersecurity risks for major systems at each stage of the system deployment lifecycle?
– Is it possible to design the system such that in the event of a failure, it is resilient enough to automatically relaunch and restart?
– Is damage from incidents and malfunctions minimized through a system of monitoring and learning from such incidents?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– How will the business operate in the event of a communication or a system component failure?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– What kind of changes do you see in future of hr and e-recruitment?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– What does our path forward look like for the legacy devices?
– What is the basic framework for feasibility analysis?
– How can an lms enhance the learning environment?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– Do other systems depend on it for data?
– What makes a good Action Project?
– Are there user forums available?
– What is your primary language?
– When) Will FPGAs Kill ASICs?
– What is/ was your g.p.a.?
System of systems Critical Criteria:
Prioritize System of systems issues and achieve a single System of systems view and bringing data together.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Process architecture been identified and analyzed?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Systems architecture visions and probe the present value of growth of Systems architecture.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Process architecture?
– Why should we adopt a Process architecture framework?
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Systems theory failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Systems theory results.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Process architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– How do we go about Securing Process architecture?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Workflow results and slay a dragon.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– Think of your Process architecture project. what are the main functions?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– What happens to workflows?
?-calculus Critical Criteria:
Nurse ?-calculus visions and catalog what business benefits will ?-calculus goals deliver if achieved.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Process architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the disruptive Process architecture technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process architecture External links:
Abstraction External links:
Abstraction (2013) – IMDb
Abstraction | Definition of Abstraction by Merriam-Webster
Calculus of communicating systems External links:
CiteSeerX — Citation Query A calculus of communicating systems
[PDF]Introduction to Calculus of Communicating Systems …
VDict – Definition of Calculus of Communicating Systems
Complex system External links:
Information Modeling and Control of Complex Systems …
[PDF]What is a Complex System?
Complexity External links:
VHA Operative Complexity – Veterans Health Administration
Molecular Complexity through Catalysis
Colocation Without Complexity : Stream Data Centers
Dualistic Petri nets External links:
Dualistic Petri nets – 21pw.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise information security architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Flowchart External links:
Flowchart Maker & Diagramming Software, Microsoft Visio
draw.io – Flowchart Maker & Online Diagram Software
What do the Different Flowchart Shapes Mean?
Hierarchy External links:
Business Title Hierarchy – Hierarchy Structure
Organizational Hierarchy Structure | Chron.com
Marketing Jobs Hierarchy – Hierarchy Structure
Information architecture External links:
Chapter 4: Information Architecture | Web Style Guide
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
Infrastructure External links:
Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners
Institute For Sustainable Infrastructure
Method engineering External links:
Green Method Engineering Pvt. Ltd – Home | Facebook
Petri net External links:
Petri net – YouTube
What is a Petri Net? – Quora
Petri nets External links:
Infinite Petri Nets : vTools Events
Petri Nets – University of Texas at Austin
Petri Nets 2018 – Interes.Institute
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process calculus. In computer science, the process calculi (or process algebras) are a diverse family of related approaches for formally modelling concurrent systems. Process calculi provide a tool for the high-level description of interactions, communications, and synchronizations between a collection of independent agents or processes.
Process Calculus as Claims About Changes in System …
Process engineering External links:
Process Engineering Research & Development Center
Process management External links:
Process Management System | InTechOpen – Open …
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Process theory External links:
A process theory of organization (eBook, 2014) …
Real-time computing External links:
ERIC – Real-Time Computing in Psychology at the …
Real-Time Computing on Multicore Processors
What is Real-Time Computing? (Diet Coke + Menthos …
Superstructure External links:
LRFD Steel Girder SuperStructure Design Example – …
[PDF]Chapter 17 Superstructure – General
System External links:
System of systems External links:
NFM THOR A System of Systems – YouTube
System of Systems Engineering – Old Dominion University
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering Collaborators …
Systems architecture External links:
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems theory External links:
What is Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Theory?
What is Systems Theory? – Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Systems Theory – Nursing Theory
Workflow External links:
Initiating Workflows | SpringCM
Property Insight : Title Workflow