What is involved in deployment
Find out what the related areas are that deployment connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a deployment thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its ISO 10012 journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward ISO 10012 leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which deployment related domains to cover and 22 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
deployment, Deployment flowchart, Military deployment, Software deployment, System deployment:
deployment Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase deployment management and report on developing an effective deployment strategy.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– Which cloud deployment model is typically preferred by an individual who is least concerned about the security or availability risks and most concerned about reducing cost?
– Has your organization conducted an evaluation of the Cybersecurity risks for major systems at each stage of the system deployment lifecycle?
– Which cloud deployment model enables to provisioning the cloud infrastructure for exclusive use by organizations that have shared concerns?
– Identify identity risk and compliance needs, existing process flaws and potential deployment roadblocks?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– Have you identified your deployment key performance indicators?
– Have you received demonstrable ROI from your deployment?
– What are the development, release, and deployment activities?
– What are the business goals deployment is aiming to achieve?
– What do we hope to achieve with a DLP deployment?
Deployment flowchart Critical Criteria:
Think about Deployment flowchart decisions and gather Deployment flowchart models .
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once deployment is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a deployment project?
– Do we all define deployment in the same way?
Military deployment Critical Criteria:
Probe Military deployment quality and gather practices for scaling Military deployment.
– Is Supporting deployment documentation required?
– What are internal and external deployment relations?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Align Software deployment leadership and catalog Software deployment activities.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of deployment product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does deployment analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of deployment?
System deployment Critical Criteria:
Prioritize System deployment planning and find answers.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that deployment objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we Identify specific deployment investment and emerging trends?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the ISO 10012 Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
deployment External links:
DirectMerchant Deployment | Metavante Image Solutions
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit – free download | TechNet
Unattended, A Windows deployment system: …
Deployment flowchart External links:
Product Deployment Flowchart – RFF
Military deployment External links:
Military Deployment – Veterans Employment Toolkit
Software deployment External links:
[PDF]Automating Software Deployment – New York University
System deployment External links:
Log Files for Operating System Deployment
Operating System Deployment Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
What is SYSTEM DEPLOYMENT – The Law Dictionary