What is involved in Software configuration management
Find out what the related areas are that Software configuration management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Software configuration management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Software Configuration Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Software Configuration Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Software configuration management related domains to cover and 236 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Software configuration management, IEEE 802.11ah, IEEE 1451, Functional specification, IEEE 802.11, Software user documentation, Software testing, Open Firmware, ISO/IEEE 11073, IEEE 1905, IEEE 802.6, Software design description, IEEE 802.18, IEEE 802.11n-2009, IEEE P1619, IEEE 1584, IEEE 802.11d-2001, Unified Process, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1ah-2008, IEEE 802.10, Resilient Packet Ring, IEEE 802.11k-2008, Trygve Reenskaug, IEEE 12207, IEEE 802.11y-2008, Spiral model, Punched tape, IEEE 854-1987, IEEE 802.15.4, Software development process, Software deployment, Systems engineering, Requirements management, Software prototyping, Danese Cooper, Cable modem, Function model, IEEE 802.11r-2008, Comparison of revision control software, IEEE Standards Association, IEEE 802.11v, Infrastructure as Code, IEEE 754 revision, IEEE 1284, Scalable Coherent Interface, IEEE 802.22, Systems modeling, Revision Control System, Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.11ay, Computer programming, International Business Machines, IEEE 802.16, IEEE 802.11u, Change control, IEEE 802.21, Configuration management, Revision control, IEEE 802.8, Entity–relationship model, IEEE 802.15, Iterative and incremental development, Software project management, Software verification and validation, IEEE 1541-2002, IEEE P1363, IEEE 1063, IEEE 802.15.4a, Software quality assurance, Cloud computing, High-level architecture, Wireless Gigabit Alliance, Agile software development:
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Face Software configuration management adoptions and ask what if.
– When a Software configuration management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Have you identified your Software configuration management key performance indicators?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
IEEE 802.11ah Critical Criteria:
Prioritize IEEE 802.11ah visions and intervene in IEEE 802.11ah processes and leadership.
– what is the best design framework for Software configuration management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Software configuration management been identified and analyzed?
– Is there any existing Software configuration management governance structure?
IEEE 1451 Critical Criteria:
Deduce IEEE 1451 governance and look for lots of ideas.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Software configuration management leaders?
– Is Software configuration management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Software configuration management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Mix Functional specification governance and attract Functional specification skills.
– For your Software configuration management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Software configuration management move?
– Do we have past Software configuration management Successes?
IEEE 802.11 Critical Criteria:
Accumulate IEEE 802.11 results and catalog what business benefits will IEEE 802.11 goals deliver if achieved.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Software configuration management process?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Software configuration management?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Software configuration management?
Software user documentation Critical Criteria:
Discourse Software user documentation management and work towards be a leading Software user documentation expert.
– Does Software configuration management analysis show the relationships among important Software configuration management factors?
– How likely is the current Software configuration management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are specific Software configuration management Rules to follow?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Software testing outcomes and devote time assessing Software testing and its risk.
– What are the business goals Software configuration management is aiming to achieve?
Open Firmware Critical Criteria:
Probe Open Firmware tasks and proactively manage Open Firmware risks.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Software configuration management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are current Software configuration management Paradigms?
– Are we Assessing Software configuration management and Risk?
ISO/IEEE 11073 Critical Criteria:
Depict ISO/IEEE 11073 governance and probe ISO/IEEE 11073 strategic alliances.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Software configuration management Management?
– How is the value delivered by Software configuration management being measured?
– Is a Software configuration management Team Work effort in place?
IEEE 1905 Critical Criteria:
Powwow over IEEE 1905 tactics and change contexts.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Software configuration management. How do we gain traction?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Software configuration management processes?
– How do we keep improving Software configuration management?
IEEE 802.6 Critical Criteria:
Align IEEE 802.6 outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Software configuration management activities?
– What are the barriers to increased Software configuration management production?
– Is Supporting Software configuration management documentation required?
Software design description Critical Criteria:
Look at Software design description projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Software design description.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Software configuration management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do we go about Comparing Software configuration management approaches/solutions?
– Who sets the Software configuration management standards?
IEEE 802.18 Critical Criteria:
Adapt IEEE 802.18 visions and oversee IEEE 802.18 requirements.
– Does Software configuration management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are all of our Software configuration management domains and what do they do?
– How much does Software configuration management help?
IEEE 802.11n-2009 Critical Criteria:
Read up on IEEE 802.11n-2009 results and grade techniques for implementing IEEE 802.11n-2009 controls.
– Among the Software configuration management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Software configuration management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are internal and external Software configuration management relations?
IEEE P1619 Critical Criteria:
Graph IEEE P1619 outcomes and display thorough understanding of the IEEE P1619 process.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Software configuration management in a volatile global economy?
– How can skill-level changes improve Software configuration management?
– Do we all define Software configuration management in the same way?
IEEE 1584 Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate IEEE 1584 adoptions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling IEEE 1584 projects.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Software configuration management values?
– What about Software configuration management Analysis of results?
– What threat is Software configuration management addressing?
IEEE 802.11d-2001 Critical Criteria:
Communicate about IEEE 802.11d-2001 outcomes and summarize a clear IEEE 802.11d-2001 focus.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Software configuration management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Software configuration management project lifecycle?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Software configuration management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Is the scope of Software configuration management defined?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Examine Unified Process strategies and plan concise Unified Process education.
– What are the key elements of your Software configuration management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How important is Software configuration management to the user organizations mission?
– How to deal with Software configuration management Changes?
IEEE 802.1Q Critical Criteria:
Grade IEEE 802.1Q decisions and handle a jump-start course to IEEE 802.1Q.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Software configuration management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How to Secure Software configuration management?
IEEE 802.1ah-2008 Critical Criteria:
Steer IEEE 802.1ah-2008 risks and explore and align the progress in IEEE 802.1ah-2008.
– What are the disruptive Software configuration management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Software configuration management project?
– Who needs to know about Software configuration management ?
IEEE 802.10 Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on IEEE 802.10 projects and finalize specific methods for IEEE 802.10 acceptance.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Software configuration management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Resilient Packet Ring Critical Criteria:
Examine Resilient Packet Ring engagements and probe the present value of growth of Resilient Packet Ring.
– Do the Software configuration management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How can you measure Software configuration management in a systematic way?
IEEE 802.11k-2008 Critical Criteria:
Substantiate IEEE 802.11k-2008 governance and know what your objective is.
– What vendors make products that address the Software configuration management needs?
– What business benefits will Software configuration management goals deliver if achieved?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Guard Trygve Reenskaug tactics and define Trygve Reenskaug competency-based leadership.
– Does our organization need more Software configuration management education?
IEEE 12207 Critical Criteria:
Trace IEEE 12207 projects and track iterative IEEE 12207 results.
– Does Software configuration management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
IEEE 802.11y-2008 Critical Criteria:
Guard IEEE 802.11y-2008 governance and point out improvements in IEEE 802.11y-2008.
– To what extent does management recognize Software configuration management as a tool to increase the results?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Spiral model failures and oversee Spiral model management by competencies.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Software configuration management with what users do day-to-day?
– How do we know that any Software configuration management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do Software configuration management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Punched tape Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Punched tape goals and assess and formulate effective operational and Punched tape strategies.
– Can we add value to the current Software configuration management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we Lead with Software configuration management in Mind?
IEEE 854-1987 Critical Criteria:
Judge IEEE 854-1987 results and catalog what business benefits will IEEE 854-1987 goals deliver if achieved.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Software configuration management?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Software configuration management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Software configuration management forward?
IEEE 802.15.4 Critical Criteria:
X-ray IEEE 802.15.4 leadership and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In a project to restructure Software configuration management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Do we monitor the Software configuration management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Shape Software development process issues and get going.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– Is maximizing Software configuration management protection the same as minimizing Software configuration management loss?
– Does Software configuration management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Software deployment risks and display thorough understanding of the Software deployment process.
– Are assumptions made in Software configuration management stated explicitly?
– How do we go about Securing Software configuration management?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Deduce Systems engineering tasks and find the ideas you already have.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– What is the structure of the different information aspects on the interface?
– Once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– What policies are currently being implemented?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– Why model-based architectures?
Requirements management Critical Criteria:
Graph Requirements management leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Requirements management is getting what it needs.
– How do we measure improved Software configuration management service perception, and satisfaction?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software prototyping results and find answers.
– What are our Software configuration management Processes?
– What is our Software configuration management Strategy?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Focus on Danese Cooper engagements and innovate what needs to be done with Danese Cooper.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Software configuration management?
– How would one define Software configuration management leadership?
Cable modem Critical Criteria:
Frame Cable modem engagements and reduce Cable modem costs.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Software configuration management process?
– Who will provide the final approval of Software configuration management deliverables?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Function model decisions and transcribe Function model as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How will you know that the Software configuration management project has been successful?
– Can we do Software configuration management without complex (expensive) analysis?
IEEE 802.11r-2008 Critical Criteria:
Boost IEEE 802.11r-2008 results and summarize a clear IEEE 802.11r-2008 focus.
– What is the source of the strategies for Software configuration management strengthening and reform?
Comparison of revision control software Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Comparison of revision control software failures and look at it backwards.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Software configuration management strengthening and reform actually originate?
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over IEEE Standards Association planning and gather practices for scaling IEEE Standards Association.
– What are our needs in relation to Software configuration management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Software configuration management study?
IEEE 802.11v Critical Criteria:
Unify IEEE 802.11v tasks and integrate design thinking in IEEE 802.11v innovation.
– Think of your Software configuration management project. what are the main functions?
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Consult on Infrastructure as Code decisions and balance specific methods for improving Infrastructure as Code results.
IEEE 754 revision Critical Criteria:
Confer re IEEE 754 revision decisions and finalize specific methods for IEEE 754 revision acceptance.
IEEE 1284 Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about IEEE 1284 decisions and innovate what needs to be done with IEEE 1284.
– What will drive Software configuration management change?
Scalable Coherent Interface Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Scalable Coherent Interface adoptions and handle a jump-start course to Scalable Coherent Interface.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Software configuration management processes?
– Are there Software configuration management problems defined?
IEEE 802.22 Critical Criteria:
Derive from IEEE 802.22 risks and do something to it.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Software configuration management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Rank Systems modeling planning and reduce Systems modeling costs.
– Do those selected for the Software configuration management team have a good general understanding of what Software configuration management is all about?
– Have all basic functions of Software configuration management been defined?
Revision Control System Critical Criteria:
Debate over Revision Control System issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Software configuration management into the services that we provide?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Software configuration management leader?
Spanning Tree Protocol Critical Criteria:
Start Spanning Tree Protocol outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the long-term Software configuration management goals?
IEEE 802.11ay Critical Criteria:
Mine IEEE 802.11ay leadership and get answers.
– What is the purpose of Software configuration management in relation to the mission?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Depict Computer programming tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Computer programming results.
International Business Machines Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze International Business Machines quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure International Business Machines is getting what it needs.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Software configuration management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
IEEE 802.16 Critical Criteria:
Distinguish IEEE 802.16 issues and shift your focus.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Software configuration management, including any consulting or professional services?
IEEE 802.11u Critical Criteria:
Examine IEEE 802.11u tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in IEEE 802.11u because they lack skills.
– How can we improve Software configuration management?
Change control Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Change control planning and overcome Change control skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Why is change control necessary?
IEEE 802.21 Critical Criteria:
See the value of IEEE 802.21 leadership and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling IEEE 802.21 projects.
– Why is Software configuration management important for you now?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Configuration management engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– Have the cis and the exact version or revision that constitutes a particular baseline (documents, source code, problem reports and change documents) been identified?
– Are structures, systems and components within the CM Program tested periodically to determine if they are still capable of meeting design requirements?
– Monitoring tools for wired networks do not provide the full array of features necessary for monitoring wlans. true or false?
– Have test requirements, for acceptance and integration testing, and Configuration Management been developed?
– Has Configuration Management a say in how information is stored and accessed in other enterprise databases?
– Are the design requirements for your facility or program established, documented and maintained?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requirements documents available and current?
– Can we answer questions like: Are data file references within components correct?
– Have the types of documents to be included in your CM Program been determined?
– Can we answer questions like: Are the relationships between cis established?
– Is the appropriate version specified for each build component?
– Has an initial assessment of your cm program been conducted?
– Are currently approved revisions of documents being used?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be identified?
– Are all related scis properly updated?
– What goes under version control?
Revision control Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Revision control management and prioritize challenges of Revision control.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Software configuration management agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is Effective Software configuration management?
IEEE 802.8 Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze IEEE 802.8 leadership and shift your focus.
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Steer Entity–relationship model tasks and arbitrate Entity–relationship model techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– In what ways are Software configuration management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
IEEE 802.15 Critical Criteria:
Experiment with IEEE 802.15 goals and define what our big hairy audacious IEEE 802.15 goal is.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Software configuration management objectives?
– How do we manage Software configuration management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Rank Iterative and incremental development failures and finalize specific methods for Iterative and incremental development acceptance.
– How do we maintain Software configuration managements Integrity?
Software project management Critical Criteria:
Jump start Software project management tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Understand Software verification and validation management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Software verification and validation projects.
– Will Software configuration management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
IEEE 1541-2002 Critical Criteria:
Communicate about IEEE 1541-2002 goals and pay attention to the small things.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Software configuration management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
IEEE P1363 Critical Criteria:
Pilot IEEE P1363 tactics and describe the risks of IEEE P1363 sustainability.
IEEE 1063 Critical Criteria:
Steer IEEE 1063 adoptions and explore and align the progress in IEEE 1063.
– In the case of a Software configuration management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Software configuration management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Software configuration management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
IEEE 802.15.4a Critical Criteria:
Design IEEE 802.15.4a leadership and describe the risks of IEEE 802.15.4a sustainability.
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Survey Software quality assurance visions and devote time assessing Software quality assurance and its risk.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Software configuration management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Software configuration management opportunities costing us money?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Canvass Cloud computing leadership and shift your focus.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– what is the future of private cloud?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
High-level architecture Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on High-level architecture governance and explore and align the progress in High-level architecture.
Wireless Gigabit Alliance Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Wireless Gigabit Alliance issues and customize techniques for implementing Wireless Gigabit Alliance controls.
– How can you negotiate Software configuration management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Software configuration management?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Agile software development goals and reduce Agile software development costs.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
– How much modeling to do?
– What about large teams?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Software Configuration Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Software configuration management External links:
Software Configuration Management/Release Engineer …
Software configuration management
In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
[PDF]Software Configuration Management – University of …
IEEE 802.11ah External links:
[PDF]Low Power WAN Protocols for IoT: IEEE 802.11ah, …
IEEE 802.11ah RF transceiver IP Core – Design And Reuse
Functional specification External links:
A Functional Specification for a Programming Language …
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
IEEE 802.11 External links:
Managing the New Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) …
Intel Centrino 62205ANHMW IEEE 802.11 Dual Band …
Wireless Technology: What is IEEE 802.11? – Quora
Software user documentation External links:
Title: IEEE standard for software user documentation – IEEE Std 1063-1987 Author: IEEE Created Date: 2/17/1998 4:25:08 PM
Thomas Freedman / Profile – sourceforge.net
[PDF]IEEE standard for software user documentation – …
Software testing External links:
Applause | Software Testing, User Feedback & Market …
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
ISO/IEEE 11073 External links:
ISO/IEEE 11073 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IEEE 1905 External links:
IEEE 1905 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IEEE 802.6 External links:
IEEE 802.6 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Status of IEEE 802.6 MAN standards – IEEE Xplore Document
Standard: IEEE 802.6 – Engineering Standards
Software design description External links:
[PDF]VODKA Software Design Description – Drexel University
IEEE 802.18 External links:
IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group …
IEEE 802.18 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
[DOC]doc.: IEEE 802.18-yy/xxxxr0
IEEE 802.11n-2009 External links:
IEEE 802.11n-2009 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IEEE 802.11n-2009 | 247infotech
IEEE 802.11n-2009 – ????, ?? ??? ????
IEEE 1584 External links:
IEEE 1584 Update – Jim Phillips
[PDF]IEEE 1584 Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations Standards …
The Best Is Yet To Come! IEEE 1584 Update | EC Mag
IEEE 802.11d-2001 External links:
IEEE 802.11d-2001 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IEEE 802.11d-2001 – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Unified Process External links:
Standards, compliance, and Rational Unified Process – IBM
CDC UP | Home Page of the CDC Unified Process
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia …
IEEE 802.1Q External links:
VLAN Trunking using IEEE 802.1Q – Brad Hedlund
[PDF]POWER TOOLS Network IEEE 802.1Q VLAN …
microHOWTO: IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tutorial
IEEE 802.1ah-2008 External links:
“IEEE 802.1ah-2008” on Revolvy.com
IEEE 802.10 External links:
IEEE 802.10 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Resilient Packet Ring External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.17 Resilient Packet Ring (RPR) Standards …
IEEE 802.11k-2008 External links:
“IEEE 802.11k-2008” on Revolvy.com
IEEE 802.11k-2008 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IEEE 802.11y-2008 External links:
IEEE 802.11y-2008 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IEEE 802.11y-2008 – Local Business | Facebook
Spiral model External links:
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
IEEE 854-1987 External links:
IEEE 854-1987 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IEEE 854-1987 – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
IEEE 802.15.4 External links:
The CC2533 is an optimized system-on-chip (SoC) solution for IEEE 802.15.4 based remote-control systems.
Amazon.com: ONV PD-3201 10/100M IEEE 802.3af PoE …
[PDF]IEEE 802.15.4 and Zigbee – University of Kentucky
Software development process External links:
[PDF]Evolution of Software Development Process Models
What is Google’s software development process? – Quora
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
Software deployment External links:
WPKG | Open Source Software Deployment and Distribution
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Systems engineering External links:
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Industrial Automation | Control Systems Engineering | Valin
Requirements management External links:
Requirements Management. (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
iRise – Best prototyping tool + inline requirements management
Requirements Management Policy – RPM-2 RPM-2
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta Software
Cable modem External links:
See shopping results for cable modem
IEEE 802.11r-2008 External links:
IEEE 802.11r-2008 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Comparison of revision control software External links:
Comparison of revision control software – …
Comparison Of Revision Control Software – microhpro.com
IEEE Standards Association External links:
IEEE Standards Association – Sign In
IEEE Standards Association – Home | Facebook
IEEE Standards Association – Official Site
Infrastructure as Code External links:
Infrastructure as code – the foundation for DevOps | Puppet
How to Organise Your Infrastructure as Code – Abhishek …
IEEE 754 revision External links:
IEEE 754 revision explained – everything.explained.today
IEEE 754 revision – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/IEEE 754 revision
Re: Question about IEEE 754 revision
IEEE 1284 External links:
Parallel IEEE 1284 Female Cables | eBay
www.ebay.com › … › Parallel, Serial & PS/2 Cables & Adapters
Scalable Coherent Interface External links:
[PDF]The Scalable Coherent Interface and Related …
IEEE 802.22 External links:
IEEE 802.22 Wireless Regional Area Networks (WRANs)
IEEE 802.22 WRAN WG Website
IEEE 802.22 Wireless Regional Area Networks (WRANs)
Systems modeling External links:
ERIC – Decisive Factors in Systems Modeling and …
Revision Control System External links:
“Revision Control System (RCS) in computational …
[PDF]Revision Control System (RCS) – Barracuda Campus
CiteSeerX — Revision Control System
Spanning Tree Protocol External links:
Spanning Tree Protocol Flashcards | Quizlet
Spanning Tree Protocol – Cisco
How Spanning Tree Protocol Prevents Loops – YouTube
IEEE 802.11ay External links:
IEEE 802.11ay – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
[PDF]IEEE 802.11ay: Next-generation 60 GHz …
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming Degrees and Certificates – …
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
International Business Machines External links:
International Business Machines Corporation Common …
IBM International Business Machines Corp XNYS:IBM …
International Business Machines Corp. – Barron’s
IEEE 802.16 External links:
[PDF]Integration of IEEE 802.16 and Carrier Ethernet
IEEE 802.11u External links:
IEEE 802.11u – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IEEE 802.11u – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Change control External links:
F-5-01: Servicing Guide Change Control Log (11/08/2017)
[DOC]Change Control Procedure – European Commission …
[PDF]Change Control Procedure – University of North …
IEEE 802.21 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover (MIH)
Configuration management External links:
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Configure Desired Configuration Management to …
CMPIC – Configuration Management Training and …
Revision control External links:
[PDF]DESIGN UNIT REVISION CONTROL SECTION JOB …
IEEE 802.15 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.15.4 and Zigbee – University of Kentucky
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Software project management External links:
Full-stack Software Project Management Tools – Unfuddle
Software verification and validation External links:
Improve Software Verification and Validation in …
IEEE 1541-2002 External links:
IEEE 1541-2002 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IEEE 802.15.4a External links:
MATLAB Central – IEEE 802.15.4a Channel Matlab Codes
IEEE 802.15.4a WPAN Task Group
Software quality assurance External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
High-level architecture External links:
High-level architecture for Microsoft Intune | Microsoft Docs
‘Good Enough’ High-Level Architecture Models
The high-level architecture (HLA) is a general purpose architecture for distributed computer simulationsystems. Using HLA, computer simulations can interact (that is, to communicate data, and to synchronize actions) with other computer simulations regardless of the computing platforms.
Wireless Gigabit Alliance External links:
Wireless Gigabit Alliance Inc – GuideStar Profile
Agile software development External links:
Freeport Metrics | Agile Software Development and Design
Agile Scout – Agile Software Development News
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development