What is involved in Agile and Iterative Development
Find out what the related areas are that Agile and Iterative Development connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile and Iterative Development thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile and Iterative Development journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile and Iterative Development leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile and Iterative Development related domains to cover and 255 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile and Iterative Development, Customer representative, Software development life cycle, Extreme programming practices, Software archaeology, ISO/IEC 15504, Business agility, Danese Cooper, Software quality assurance, Spiral model, Extreme project management, United States Agency for International Development, Service-oriented architecture, Business intelligence, Systems analysis, Snowbird, Utah, Software project management, Ivar Jacobson, Integrated development environment, Integrated Authority File, Application release automation, Data science, Software development methodology, Computer programming, Software construction, Code refactoring, Use case, Change control board, Risk analysis, View model, Aspect-oriented software development, Build light indicator, ISO 9000, Software quality, Data modeling, Microsoft Solutions Framework, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, Functional specification, Burndown chart, Formal methods, Data analysis, Alistair Cockburn, Technical debt, Management fad, Collaborating, learning and adapting, Model-driven development, Software maintenance, Object-oriented programming, Acceptance testing, Software development, Iterative and incremental development, Software configuration management, Pull-based agile coaching, Feature-driven development, UML tools, Flexible product development, Project planning, Customer engagement, Project management, Programming tool, Watts Humphrey, Executable UML, Extreme Programming, Waterfall development:
Agile and Iterative Development Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Agile and Iterative Development failures and probe the present value of growth of Agile and Iterative Development.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Agile and Iterative Development project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Agile and Iterative Development project lifecycle?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Agile and Iterative Development goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are accountability and ownership for Agile and Iterative Development clearly defined?
Customer representative Critical Criteria:
Match Customer representative engagements and report on the economics of relationships managing Customer representative and constraints.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile and Iterative Development project?
– What are all of our Agile and Iterative Development domains and what do they do?
– How do we go about Securing Agile and Iterative Development?
Software development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Chat re Software development life cycle decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Software development life cycle results.
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Agile and Iterative Development?
– Do we monitor the Agile and Iterative Development decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Extreme programming practices Critical Criteria:
Rank Extreme programming practices quality and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Extreme programming practices.
– Is Agile and Iterative Development Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How can you measure Agile and Iterative Development in a systematic way?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Software archaeology outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Agile and Iterative Development. How do we gain traction?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Agile and Iterative Development?
– How can the value of Agile and Iterative Development be defined?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Test ISO/IEC 15504 tactics and question.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Agile and Iterative Development leader?
– When a Agile and Iterative Development manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who sets the Agile and Iterative Development standards?
Business agility Critical Criteria:
Investigate Business agility adoptions and reduce Business agility costs.
– Is Supporting Agile and Iterative Development documentation required?
– What are specific Agile and Iterative Development Rules to follow?
– What is our Agile and Iterative Development Strategy?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Danese Cooper governance and customize techniques for implementing Danese Cooper controls.
– What threat is Agile and Iterative Development addressing?
– Is Agile and Iterative Development Required?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Software quality assurance risks and do something to it.
– Do those selected for the Agile and Iterative Development team have a good general understanding of what Agile and Iterative Development is all about?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– How will you know that the Agile and Iterative Development project has been successful?
– What are internal and external Agile and Iterative Development relations?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Spiral model outcomes and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Agile and Iterative Development? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Will Agile and Iterative Development have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Extreme project management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Extreme project management adoptions and describe the risks of Extreme project management sustainability.
– How important is Agile and Iterative Development to the user organizations mission?
– What is Effective Agile and Iterative Development?
United States Agency for International Development Critical Criteria:
Transcribe United States Agency for International Development visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure United States Agency for International Development is getting what it needs.
– In a project to restructure Agile and Iterative Development outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Agile and Iterative Development activities?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Agile and Iterative Development effort?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Service-oriented architecture strategies and question.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Agile and Iterative Development processes of our organization?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Agile and Iterative Development that make it risky?
– How will you measure your Agile and Iterative Development effectiveness?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Business intelligence strategies and gather practices for scaling Business intelligence.
– If on-premise software is a must, a balance of choice and simplicity is essential. When specific users are viewing and interacting with analytics, can you use a named-user licensing model that offers accessibility without the need for hardware considerations?
– Research reveals that more than half of business intelligence projects hit a low degree of acceptance or fail. What factors influence the implementation negative or positive?
– What strategies will we pursue to ensure the success of the business intelligence competency center?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– Does your bi solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– Social Data Analytics Are you integrating social into your business intelligence?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– What are some software and skills that every Data Scientist should know?
– What should recruiters look for in a business intelligence professional?
– What are the best UI frameworks for Business Intelligence Applications?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the bi system?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– What are the best use cases for Mobile Business Intelligence?
– What are the best client side analytics tools today?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– What is required to present video images?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Systems analysis adoptions and separate what are the business goals Systems analysis is aiming to achieve.
– In the case of a Agile and Iterative Development project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Agile and Iterative Development project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Agile and Iterative Development project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– For the system you identified select a process. can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– Can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile and Iterative Development process?
– What criteria are most appropriate for assessing whether the systems attainments are adequate?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– Can the system actually be made to operate in the organization, or will people resist it?
– Operational feasibility. will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– Technical feasibility. is the solution technically practical?
– What are examples of nonmeasurable benefits of new systems?
– Why is planning an important step in systems development?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Which tasks should be undertaken first?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– How broad should the analysis be?
– What are top managements roles?
– Can the process be simplified?
– How will the system work?
– Who does analysis?
Snowbird, Utah Critical Criteria:
Read up on Snowbird, Utah strategies and describe the risks of Snowbird, Utah sustainability.
– Does Agile and Iterative Development include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Agile and Iterative Development is underway?
– What are current Agile and Iterative Development Paradigms?
Software project management Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Software project management governance and arbitrate Software project management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Which customers cant participate in our Agile and Iterative Development domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Agile and Iterative Development? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is our formula for success in Agile and Iterative Development ?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Chart Ivar Jacobson governance and overcome Ivar Jacobson skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Agile and Iterative Development?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Integrated development environment management and devise Integrated development environment key steps.
– Consider your own Agile and Iterative Development project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the key elements of your Agile and Iterative Development performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Are there Agile and Iterative Development problems defined?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Study Integrated Authority File adoptions and tour deciding if Integrated Authority File progress is made.
– Does Agile and Iterative Development create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the business goals Agile and Iterative Development is aiming to achieve?
Application release automation Critical Criteria:
Judge Application release automation governance and finalize specific methods for Application release automation acceptance.
– Is maximizing Agile and Iterative Development protection the same as minimizing Agile and Iterative Development loss?
– Do we all define Agile and Iterative Development in the same way?
Data science Critical Criteria:
Probe Data science failures and remodel and develop an effective Data science strategy.
– Does Agile and Iterative Development analysis show the relationships among important Agile and Iterative Development factors?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What are the barriers to increased Agile and Iterative Development production?
– What are our Agile and Iterative Development Processes?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Probe Software development methodology tasks and remodel and develop an effective Software development methodology strategy.
– Think about the people you identified for your Agile and Iterative Development project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Agile and Iterative Development models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Reason over Computer programming failures and define what our big hairy audacious Computer programming goal is.
– How do we measure improved Agile and Iterative Development service perception, and satisfaction?
Software construction Critical Criteria:
Understand Software construction quality and adjust implementation of Software construction.
– Are there recognized Agile and Iterative Development problems?
– Why are Agile and Iterative Development skills important?
Code refactoring Critical Criteria:
Generalize Code refactoring tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Code refactoring results.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Agile and Iterative Development experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How can we improve Agile and Iterative Development?
Use case Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Use case quality and customize techniques for implementing Use case controls.
– While a move from Oracles MySQL may be necessary because of its inability to handle key big data use cases, why should that move involve a switch to Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise?
– Can we add value to the current Agile and Iterative Development decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Are responsibilities clear across monitoring market developments, engagement, internal communication, driving use cases?
– Are efforts focused on identifying use cases from real pain points (and not finding a problem for blockchain to solve)?
– Are NoSQL databases used primarily for applications or are they used in Business Intelligence use cases as well?
– Are there select partners in your peer group that may allow you to share thinking and build use cases together?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Agile and Iterative Development objectives?
– What are the use cases that your organization is targeting currently for its cmdb/cms?
– Of the different industry use cases, what are the top ones that you want to monitor?
– What are the use cases that your org is targeting currently for its CMDB/CMS?
– Are there potential use cases that your organization wants to drive?
– What are the use cases that your org is targeting currently for its CMDB/CMS?
– How can the best Big Data solution be chosen based on use case requirements?
– Are any competitors experimenting with use cases?
– How do we keep improving Agile and Iterative Development?
Change control board Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Change control board projects and look at the big picture.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Agile and Iterative Development information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Think about the functions involved in your Agile and Iterative Development project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Why should we adopt a Agile and Iterative Development framework?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Coach on Risk analysis decisions and describe which business rules are needed as Risk analysis interface.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– For your Agile and Iterative Development project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
View model Critical Criteria:
Illustrate View model strategies and plan concise View model education.
– How do we know that any Agile and Iterative Development analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we Identify specific Agile and Iterative Development investment and emerging trends?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Guard Aspect-oriented software development risks and observe effective Aspect-oriented software development.
Build light indicator Critical Criteria:
Confer over Build light indicator visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Build light indicator.
– what is the best design framework for Agile and Iterative Development organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What will drive Agile and Iterative Development change?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Guide ISO 9000 tactics and figure out ways to motivate other ISO 9000 users.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Agile and Iterative Development activities?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Software quality results and achieve a single Software quality view and bringing data together.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Agile and Iterative Development products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Agile and Iterative Development project?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Read up on Data modeling failures and know what your objective is.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Agile and Iterative Development objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Agile and Iterative Development study?
Microsoft Solutions Framework Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Microsoft Solutions Framework projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Microsoft Solutions Framework.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Agile and Iterative Development agendas for the next 3 years?
– How is the value delivered by Agile and Iterative Development being measured?
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Critical Criteria:
Check ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 governance and grade techniques for implementing ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 controls.
– Is the scope of Agile and Iterative Development defined?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Functional specification planning and differentiate in coordinating Functional specification.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Agile and Iterative Development move?
Burndown chart Critical Criteria:
Guard Burndown chart governance and gather practices for scaling Burndown chart.
– Is there a Agile and Iterative Development Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Face Formal methods adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Formal methods services.
– Are we Assessing Agile and Iterative Development and Risk?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Sort Data analysis results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Data analysis information.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Agile and Iterative Development strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Is there any existing Agile and Iterative Development governance structure?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Alistair Cockburn Critical Criteria:
Nurse Alistair Cockburn failures and oversee Alistair Cockburn requirements.
– Among the Agile and Iterative Development product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the short and long-term Agile and Iterative Development goals?
– How do we maintain Agile and Iterative Developments Integrity?
Technical debt Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Technical debt strategies and finalize specific methods for Technical debt acceptance.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Agile and Iterative Development processes?
– How do we go about Comparing Agile and Iterative Development approaches/solutions?
– Do we have past Agile and Iterative Development Successes?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Management fad issues and give examples utilizing a core of simple Management fad skills.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Agile and Iterative Development, including any consulting or professional services?
Collaborating, learning and adapting Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Collaborating, learning and adapting tasks and devote time assessing Collaborating, learning and adapting and its risk.
– How can you negotiate Agile and Iterative Development successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the usability implications of Agile and Iterative Development actions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Agile and Iterative Development?
Model-driven development Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Model-driven development management and finalize specific methods for Model-driven development acceptance.
– How do we Lead with Agile and Iterative Development in Mind?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Deduce Software maintenance issues and transcribe Software maintenance as tomorrows backbone for success.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Why is Agile and Iterative Development important for you now?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Meet over Object-oriented programming failures and develop and take control of the Object-oriented programming initiative.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Agile and Iterative Development forward?
– Do Agile and Iterative Development rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we Improve Agile and Iterative Development service perception, and satisfaction?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Canvass Acceptance testing outcomes and research ways can we become the Acceptance testing company that would put us out of business.
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Software development outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Software development results.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– What if any is the difference between Lean and Agile Software Development?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– What is our Agile methodology?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Depict Iterative and incremental development leadership and point out improvements in Iterative and incremental development.
– Does Agile and Iterative Development analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Guard Software configuration management leadership and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Software configuration management decisions.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Agile and Iterative Development services/products?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Agile and Iterative Development Management?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Pull-based agile coaching Critical Criteria:
Apply Pull-based agile coaching visions and oversee implementation of Pull-based agile coaching.
Feature-driven development Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Feature-driven development outcomes and define Feature-driven development competency-based leadership.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Agile and Iterative Development strengthening and reform actually originate?
UML tools Critical Criteria:
Analyze UML tools engagements and remodel and develop an effective UML tools strategy.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Agile and Iterative Development?
Flexible product development Critical Criteria:
Match Flexible product development outcomes and oversee implementation of Flexible product development.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Agile and Iterative Development with what users do day-to-day?
– Does Agile and Iterative Development appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Project planning Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Project planning governance and develop and take control of the Project planning initiative.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Agile and Iterative Development is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Agile and Iterative Development values?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Track Customer engagement management and probe Customer engagement strategic alliances.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Agile and Iterative Development process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Agile and Iterative Development process available?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Agile and Iterative Development?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Judge Project management failures and intervene in Project management processes and leadership.
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Are there implications for the observed success of agile to date that reflects on our larger understanding of organizations and their fundamental nature?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– How does cost of change affect software?
Programming tool Critical Criteria:
Graph Programming tool planning and do something to it.
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Own Watts Humphrey risks and ask what if.
– Is the Agile and Iterative Development organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Executable UML projects and grade techniques for implementing Executable UML controls.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Agile and Iterative Development moving forward?
Extreme Programming Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Extreme Programming failures and report on setting up Extreme Programming without losing ground.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Agile and Iterative Development delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is a Agile and Iterative Development Team Work effort in place?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Waterfall development Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Waterfall development risks and look at the big picture.
– What are the long-term Agile and Iterative Development goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile and Iterative Development Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer representative External links:
Software development life cycle External links:
What is SDLC? Understand the Software Development Life Cycle
Software Development Life Cycle (sdlc) – Home | Facebook
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
ISO/IEC 15504-33000 is the international standard that defines the framework and requirements for process assessment and process improvement. Process maturity is measured by analyzing the way the process is performed and managed.
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Business agility External links:
Business Agility 2.0 | Agile Reasoning
Business agility is the “ability of a business system to rapidly respond to change by adapting its initial stable configuration”.
KalSoft – Enabling Business Agility
Software quality assurance External links:
MA Software Quality Assurance Project Overview – VA …
Software Quality Assurance & Testing Stack Exchange
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Spiral model External links:
Extreme project management External links:
[PDF]“Extreme Project Management One World Trade Center
Holdings: eXtreme project management – …
Business intelligence External links:
[PDF]Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst – ttra
Systems analysis External links:
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Political Systems Analysis
Snowbird, Utah External links:
Snowbird, UT – Snowbird, Utah Map & Directions – MapQuest
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Get in Touch with our Team | Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson International
Integrated development environment External links:
Anypoint Studio | Integrated Development Environment …
Application release automation External links:
Application Release Automation – CA Technologies
Application Release Automation | ARCAD Software
Data science External links:
Domino Data Lab – Data Science Platform
Yhat: End-to-End Data Science Platform
Software development methodology External links:
A Complete Software Development Methodology | LANSA
Computer programming External links:
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Computer Programming Specialist AAS – Lone Star College
Gwinnett Technical College- Computer Programming
Code refactoring External links:
Code Refactoring (Software Gardening – Pruning) | …
Code Refactoring – PowerTheShell
Code Refactoring – Interactive System for Ice sheet Simulation
Use case External links:
TeamViewer Use Case – Remote Support
Identify use case scenarios | Microsoft Docs
Change control board External links:
Change Control Board | FAMIT
Change Control Board • ITS: Colorado College
Risk analysis External links:
The Fed – Risk Analysis
Risk analysis (Book, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
Project Management and Risk Analysis Software | Safran
View model External links:
FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model # K-00HA: Handle Replacement Kit For Faucets: K-59, K-123, K-125, K-126, K-206 & K-316 (NOTE: *Can Only Be …
View / View Model Naming Conventions · Caliburn.Micro
Pine View Model United Nations
[PDF]FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model # K-00HA: …
Build light indicator External links:
ISO 9000 External links:
What is ISO 9000? – Definition from WhatIs.com
ISO 9000 – What Is ISO 9000? A Standards Series | ASQ
ISO 9000 – MasterControl, Inc.
Software quality External links:
[PDF]Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer Reports …
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
[PPT]Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
Data modeling External links:
[PDF]Spatial data modeling (types) – UTSA
Data Modeling in Visio 2013 – YouTube
[PDF]Data Modeling Basics – Pennsylvania
Microsoft Solutions Framework External links:
Microsoft Solutions Framework Team Model and Team …
Course 1846A: Microsoft Solutions Framework Essentials
Microsoft Solutions Framework – How is Microsoft …
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 External links:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
US TAG to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, Software and Systems …
Functional specification External links:
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Burndown chart External links:
What is a Burndown Chart? | Agile Alliance
Burndown Chart – Answers – Salesforce Success Community
Burndown chart – STX Next Blog
Formal methods External links:
Formal Methods and Models | Volgenau School of …
NASA Formal Methods Symposium • Home
Formal Methods – Carnegie Mellon University
Data analysis External links:
Seven Bridges Genomics – The biomedical data analysis …
Data Analysis Examples – IDRE Stats
Technical debt External links:
Technical Debt – Agile Web Development & Operations
18F: Digital service delivery | What is technical debt?
A Primer on Technical Debt – Gartner
Management fad External links:
Six Sigma…a Stupid Management Fad? | NC State …
Model-driven development External links:
Model-Driven Development, From Object-Oriented Design …
Software maintenance External links:
Citrix Software Maintenance Support Program – Citrix
Object-oriented programming External links:
Object-Oriented Programming – YouTube
Kick-Starting C# Object-Oriented Programming | …
Acceptance testing External links:
UltiPro User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) Instructions | …
Software development External links:
Arcanys – Custom Software Development Company in …
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. – Software development, …
SynLogics | Best Software Development Company – Mobile
Software configuration management External links:
Software Configuration Management…
[PDF]Software Configuration Management – University of …
Software configuration management
In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
UML tools External links:
Project planning External links:
[PDF]Project Planning and Management (PPM) V2.0 WBS …
Kitchen Remodel Resources, Videos & Project Planning …
Customer engagement External links:
Customer Engagement · FAI Media Library
Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Customer Engagement Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Project management External links:
Huddle | Team Collaboration & Project Management …
Capital Planning & Project Management
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Programming tool External links:
XKLOADER2 – 2nd Gen XPRESSKIT Computer Programming tool
17-144 – XS Smart Sensor Pro+ Programming Tool
RESCUE® Select™ Motor Programming Tool – ecmdi.com
Watts Humphrey External links:
G. Watts Humphrey Jr. | | Thoroughbred Racing Dudes
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Executable UML External links:
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
Extreme Programming External links:
AgileFAQs – Expert Agile, Scrum, eXtreme Programming …
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? | Agile Alliance