What is involved in Business process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Business process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business process modeling related domains to cover and 300 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business process modeling, Aerospace engineering, Quality function deployment, Harbarian process modeling, Business Process Modeling Notation, Structured analysis, Systems analysis, Subject-oriented business process management, Operations research, Activity diagram, Bertrand Meyer, Government agency, Functional flow block diagram, Software code, Niklaus Wirth, Biological systems engineering, Function model, Corporate governance, Electrical engineering, Work breakdown structure, Wernher von Braun, Extreme programming, Information technology, Information model, Software verification and validation, Software configuration management, Waterfall model, Change management, Business process redesign, Business reference model, Value Stream Mapping, Business analysis, Object-oriented programming, Computer programming, Software maintenance, Mathematical optimization, Project management, Artifact-centric business process model, Risk management, Software development, Quality management, Nadja Damij, Earth systems engineering and management, System dynamics, ISO/IEC 15504, Wolt Fabrycky, Model Driven Engineering, Rapid application development, Configuration management, Computer engineering, Enterprise Unified Process, Watts Humphrey, Entity–relationship model, Software development process, Safety engineering, Ruzena Bajcsy, Formalized Administrative Notation, Organizational chart, Business Process Model and Notation, Functional specification, Value chain, Flow chart, Spiral model, Enterprise systems engineering, Software archaeology, Computer science, Verification and validation, Scientific modelling, Business process modeling, Business plan, Object Oriented:
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Business process modeling projects and develop and take control of the Business process modeling initiative.
– For your Business process modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business process modeling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the business goals Business process modeling is aiming to achieve?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Design Aerospace engineering decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business process modeling that make it risky?
– How can the value of Business process modeling be defined?
– Are there Business process modeling Models?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Grade Quality function deployment issues and learn.
– what is the best design framework for Business process modeling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does our organization need more Business process modeling education?
– Why are Business process modeling skills important?
Harbarian process modeling Critical Criteria:
Learn from Harbarian process modeling projects and find the essential reading for Harbarian process modeling researchers.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business process modeling?
– What are current Business process modeling Paradigms?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Business Process Modeling Notation tasks and achieve a single Business Process Modeling Notation view and bringing data together.
– How much does Business process modeling help?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Structured analysis risks and drive action.
– Is Business process modeling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Will Business process modeling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who sets the Business process modeling standards?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Derive from Systems analysis tasks and gather practices for scaling Systems analysis.
– How can expected costs and benefits be quantified to determine whether the new system will indeed be cost-effective?
– Can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– How should one include criteria of equity and efficiency in performance assessment?
– What process must the company go through to obtain and implement a new system?
– What are the different roles that are played on our systems development team?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– How is a systems analysis different than other scientific analyses?
– How has computing been used to support requirements determination?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– What does it mean to develop a quality software system?
– What are the system analyst s and programmer s roles?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– What are the project development team s roles?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– How will employees react to a new system?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– What is behavioral Systems Analysis?
– What are top managements roles?
– What is a methodology?
Subject-oriented business process management Critical Criteria:
Meet over Subject-oriented business process management planning and pioneer acquisition of Subject-oriented business process management systems.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business process modeling study?
– How do we Lead with Business process modeling in Mind?
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Study Operations research failures and raise human resource and employment practices for Operations research.
– How do we know that any Business process modeling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Activity diagram Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Activity diagram results and describe the risks of Activity diagram sustainability.
– In what ways are Business process modeling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business process modeling project manager?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Discourse Bertrand Meyer failures and attract Bertrand Meyer skills.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business process modeling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will provide the final approval of Business process modeling deliverables?
– What about Business process modeling Analysis of results?
Government agency Critical Criteria:
Canvass Government agency projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Government agency.
– Does Business process modeling systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the usability implications of Business process modeling actions?
Functional flow block diagram Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Functional flow block diagram engagements and budget for Functional flow block diagram challenges.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business process modeling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business process modeling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Software code Critical Criteria:
Chat re Software code visions and probe Software code strategic alliances.
– Among the Business process modeling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What vendors make products that address the Business process modeling needs?
– How do we go about Securing Business process modeling?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Niklaus Wirth decisions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Niklaus Wirth decisions.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business process modeling project?
– How to deal with Business process modeling Changes?
Biological systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Biological systems engineering tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Biological systems engineering because they lack skills.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business process modeling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Dissect Function model management and drive action.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Business process modeling leader?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business process modeling processes?
– What business benefits will Business process modeling goals deliver if achieved?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Check Corporate governance tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Corporate governance.
– How do we go about Comparing Business process modeling approaches/solutions?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Canvass Electrical engineering management and finalize the present value of growth of Electrical engineering.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business process modeling agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business process modeling?
– Why should we adopt a Business process modeling framework?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Gauge Work breakdown structure risks and devise Work breakdown structure key steps.
– What are the long-term Business process modeling goals?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Gauge Wernher von Braun quality and figure out ways to motivate other Wernher von Braun users.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business process modeling effort?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Audit Extreme programming goals and secure Extreme programming creativity.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business process modeling in a volatile global economy?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information technology tasks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Information technology projects.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business process modeling project?
– Do we monitor the Business process modeling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Guard Information model results and adopt an insight outlook.
– In the case of a Business process modeling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business process modeling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business process modeling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– How likely is the current Business process modeling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business process modeling moving forward?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Add value to Software verification and validation engagements and grade techniques for implementing Software verification and validation controls.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business process modeling processes?
– Does Business process modeling analysis show the relationships among important Business process modeling factors?
– Are there recognized Business process modeling problems?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Software configuration management decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business process modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business process modeling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Dissect Waterfall model governance and develop and take control of the Waterfall model initiative.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business process modeling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is our formula for success in Business process modeling ?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Change management tasks and be persistent.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business process modeling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do you have resources, processes, and methodologies in place to provide training and organizational change management services?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What are common barriers to using Change Management in practice?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– What is the Change Management process?
– What is Change Management?
Business process redesign Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Business process redesign projects and develop and take control of the Business process redesign initiative.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business process modeling information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the barriers to increased Business process modeling production?
Business reference model Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Business reference model strategies and probe the present value of growth of Business reference model.
– Does Business process modeling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do we all define Business process modeling in the same way?
Value Stream Mapping Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Value Stream Mapping leadership and innovate what needs to be done with Value Stream Mapping.
– To what extent does management recognize Business process modeling as a tool to increase the results?
– What are our Business process modeling Processes?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Business analysis risks and get the big picture.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business process modeling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business process modeling process available?
– What are the key elements of your Business process modeling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Object-oriented programming risks and oversee Object-oriented programming requirements.
– What are all of our Business process modeling domains and what do they do?
– What threat is Business process modeling addressing?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Own Computer programming planning and point out improvements in Computer programming.
– Consider your own Business process modeling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What is Effective Business process modeling?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Deduce Software maintenance adoptions and observe effective Software maintenance.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business process modeling leaders?
– Is the scope of Business process modeling defined?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Probe Mathematical optimization governance and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Mathematical optimization results.
– Is there a Business process modeling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Sort Project management tactics and point out Project management tensions in leadership.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– Are assumptions made in Business process modeling stated explicitly?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– Do we have past Business process modeling Successes?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– What is agile project management?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
Artifact-centric business process model Critical Criteria:
Scan Artifact-centric business process model goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business process modeling services/products?
– Will Business process modeling have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business process modeling project?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Think about Risk management engagements and optimize Risk management leadership as a key to advancement.
– Where should the organization enhance its Risk Management processes to have maximum benefit and impact on its ability to achieve business objectives?
– Does management conduct regular Risk Management conference calls among a network of risk champions and other employees?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– For the most critical systems, are multiple operators required to implement changes that risk consequential events?
– How can senior executive teams strengthen Risk Management in a way that is both strategic and value-adding?
– What information assets are most at risk to compromise or damage and what can happen to these assets?
– Is our organization doing any form of outreach or education on Cybersecurity Risk Management?
– Could a system or security malfunction or unavailability result in injury or death?
– How do we end up with a world where we do not have Cybersecurity have and have nots?
– Have vendors documented and independently verified their Cybersecurity controls?
– Do governance and risk management processes address Cybersecurity risks?
– What are the requirements for information availability and integrity?
– Do you adhere to, or apply, the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard?
– Is there a centralized fraud and risk management team?
– Do you use any homegrown IT system for ERM or risk assessments?
– What if vulnerability existed on millions of systems?
– Is Cybersecurity Insurance coverage a must?
– Which rules constitute best practices?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Investigate Software development strategies and describe the risks of Software development sustainability.
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– What about large teams?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Design Quality management issues and separate what are the business goals Quality management is aiming to achieve.
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Nadja Damij Critical Criteria:
Frame Nadja Damij issues and prioritize challenges of Nadja Damij.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business process modeling. How do we gain traction?
– Is Supporting Business process modeling documentation required?
Earth systems engineering and management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Earth systems engineering and management issues and find answers.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business process modeling Management?
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Read up on System dynamics adoptions and describe which business rules are needed as System dynamics interface.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business process modeling process?
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Derive from ISO/IEC 15504 adoptions and summarize a clear ISO/IEC 15504 focus.
Wolt Fabrycky Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Wolt Fabrycky goals and look for lots of ideas.
– How is the value delivered by Business process modeling being measured?
Model Driven Engineering Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Model Driven Engineering goals and question.
– How can you negotiate Business process modeling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Frame Rapid application development engagements and describe which business rules are needed as Rapid application development interface.
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Will applications programmers and systems analysts become nothing more than evaluators of packaged software?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– What sets of objectives are important to our systems development project?
– Why wait years to develop systems likely to be obsolete upon completion?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a rad proces?
– Technical feasibility -is the solution technically practical?
– How do you measure system effectiveness in your organization?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– Economic feasibility -is the solution cost-effective?
– Should it be monitored by standard monitoring tools?
– How do you decide that a system needs rework?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– What is important for us?
– When to use dsdm?
– When use RAD?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Generalize Configuration management strategies and look at the big picture.
– How do you keep the number of currently active codelines to a manageable set, and avoid growing the projects version tree too wide and too dense?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes to facility configuration been identified?
– How do you do maintence on released versions without interfering with your current development work?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– Have the types of documents to be included in your CM Program been determined?
– Can we answer questions like: Are the relationships between cis established?
– Are work control packages complete, ready for implementation, and attached?
– How do you keep a rapidly evolving codeline stable enough to be useful?
– Is the correct versions of the compiler and other tools specified?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– What baselines are required to be defined and managed?
– How will changes to the baselines be controlled?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– What test mechanisms do we have in place?
– Are all other required reviews complete?
– Are user sign-off documents available?
– When was change implemented?
– How are baselines verified?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Look at Computer engineering engagements and perfect Computer engineering conflict management.
– When a Business process modeling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we Identify specific Business process modeling investment and emerging trends?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Debate over Enterprise Unified Process failures and describe which business rules are needed as Enterprise Unified Process interface.
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Focus on Watts Humphrey results and track iterative Watts Humphrey results.
– Does Business process modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Value Entity–relationship model engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Which Business process modeling goals are the most important?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software development process governance and adopt an insight outlook.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business process modeling processes of our organization?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business process modeling forward?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Safety engineering tactics and point out improvements in Safety engineering.
– Who needs to know about Business process modeling ?
Ruzena Bajcsy Critical Criteria:
Sort Ruzena Bajcsy leadership and stake your claim.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business process modeling delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business process modeling values?
Formalized Administrative Notation Critical Criteria:
Study Formalized Administrative Notation tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Formalized Administrative Notation.
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Grade Organizational chart visions and improve Organizational chart service perception.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business process modeling process?
Business Process Model and Notation Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Business Process Model and Notation decisions and intervene in Business Process Model and Notation processes and leadership.
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Think about Functional specification decisions and change contexts.
– Does the Business process modeling task fit the clients priorities?
– What are internal and external Business process modeling relations?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Value chain adoptions and intervene in Value chain processes and leadership.
– Is the Business process modeling organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Flow chart Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Flow chart projects and attract Flow chart skills.
– What is the purpose of Business process modeling in relation to the mission?
– How do we Improve Business process modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Focus on Spiral model adoptions and maintain Spiral model for success.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business process modeling?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business process modeling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Enterprise systems engineering planning and change contexts.
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software archaeology projects and catalog Software archaeology activities.
– Is maximizing Business process modeling protection the same as minimizing Business process modeling loss?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Coach on Computer science issues and explain and analyze the challenges of Computer science.
– Is Business process modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business process modeling?
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Verification and validation tactics and forecast involvement of future Verification and validation projects in development.
– What are the disruptive Business process modeling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business process modeling objectives?
– What will drive Business process modeling change?
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Scientific modelling visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Scientific modelling projects.
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Add value to Business process modeling engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Business process modeling information.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business process modeling is underway?
– What are our needs in relation to Business process modeling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Business plan Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Business plan failures and secure Business plan creativity.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– Have Business Plans with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– Do you need to develop a Human Resources manual?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
Object Oriented Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Object Oriented projects and achieve a single Object Oriented view and bringing data together.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business process modeling been identified and analyzed?
– How important is Business process modeling to the user organizations mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business process modeling External links:
What is Business Process Modeling Notation | Lucidchart
Guide to Business Process Modeling | Smartsheet
Business Process Modeling with BPMN – YouTube
Aerospace engineering External links:
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Quality function deployment External links:
Quality Function Deployment in Excel | Excel QFD Template
Quality Function Deployment – QFD Tool – Edraw Max
Quality Function Deployment for Competitive Advantage
www.isixsigma.com › … › QFD/House of Quality
Harbarian process modeling External links:
Harbarian process modeling – pediaview.com
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
What is Business Process Modeling Notation | Lucidchart
Business Process Modeling Notation – YouTube
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Systems analysis External links:
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Community: “Virtual Systems Analysis” – TV Club
Systems Analysis | Department of Energy
Subject-oriented business process management External links:
Subject-oriented business process management – CaseAgile
Staff View: Subject-oriented business process management
Subject-Oriented Business Process Management …
Operations research External links:
Operations Research on JSTOR
Operations Research (O.R.), or operational research in the U.K, is a discipline that deals with the application of advanced analytical methods to help make better decisions.
Activity diagram External links:
Activity Diagram Example About Pharmacy | BestPrice
Pharmacy Activity Diagram | YourTrustedPharmacyOnline
Activity Diagram Example About Pharmacy | 1stDrugstore
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Bertrand Meyer – Google Scholar Citations
Eiffel: The Language by Bertrand Meyer – Goodreads
Government agency External links:
Government Agency Funding Opportunities | Research | USC
Government Agency – Nixle
[PDF]Chapter 3. High Risk Local Government Agency Audit …
Functional flow block diagram External links:
Functional Flow Block Diagram (FFBD) | Graffletopia
Create a Functional Flow Block Diagram – Conceptdraw.com
Functional Flow Block Diagram – Conceptdraw.com
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth – ETH Zurich
Niklaus Wirth on Teaching Computer Science – YouTube
Niklaus Wirth Profiles | Facebook
Biological systems engineering External links:
Biological Systems Engineering | Washington State University
Biological Systems Engineering | Virginia Tech
Function model External links:
[PDF]360 Thinking: An Executive Function Model and Program T
Corporate governance External links:
MetLife Corporate Governance
[PDF]CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ANNUAL …
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
Electrical engineering External links:
Electrical engineering | Science | Khan Academy
Welcome to EECS! | Electrical Engineering and Computer …
USC Viterbi | Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
Work breakdown structure External links:
Free Work Breakdown Structure Templates – Smartsheet
The Importance of a Work Breakdown Structure | Chron.com
Wernher von Braun External links:
Wernher von Braun, Rocket Pioneer: Biography & Quotes
0401812 – Dr. Wernher von Braun Laid to Rest
Wernher von Braun – Scientist, Engineer – Biography.com
Extreme programming External links:
Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction.
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Information Technology Services – UTMail
Information model External links:
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG – ietf.org
3 Information Model | IMS Global Learning Consortium
Splunk Common Information Model (CIM) | Splunkbase
Software verification and validation External links:
[PDF]Introduction to Software Verification and Validation
Software Verification and Validation – superioressaypapers
Software configuration management External links:
Software configuration management
In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
[PDF]Software Configuration Management
Set up the software configuration management environment
Waterfall model External links:
What project or company uses the waterfall model? – Quora
The Waterfall Model – YouTube
(Rational) Unified Process vs Waterfall Model – Stack Overflow
Change management External links:
Change management experts -Change Management Leaders
CDT Releases Organizational Change Management and …
[PDF]Organizational Change Management Readiness Guide …
Business process redesign External links:
Business Process Redesign: An Overview (Article)
[PPT]Business Process Redesign – BestITDocuments
Business reference model External links:
Business Reference Model definitions – Defined Term
[PDF]VA EA BRM (Business Reference Model)
Value Stream Mapping External links:
Value Stream Mapping Terms Flashcards | Quizlet
Value Stream Mapping – YouTube
Value Stream Mapping Excel | Value Stream Map – QI Macros
Business analysis External links:
Business Analysis & Administration | FBIJOBS
International Institute of Business Analysis – Prometric
Contract Business Analysis Repository
Object-oriented programming External links:
Object-Oriented Programming Definition | Webopedia
Computer programming External links:
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Cubetto: A robot teaching kids code & computer programming
Coding for Kids | Computer Programming | AgentCubes online
Software maintenance External links:
Salon Iris Updates | Download Software Maintenance
Mathematical optimization External links:
Title: Mathematical optimization for packing problems – arXiv
Mathematical Optimization – Linear Programming in …
Mathematical optimization — NYU Scholars
Project management External links:
Podio: Project Management and Collaboration Software
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Artifact-centric business process model External links:
Artifact-centric business process model – WOW.com
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Software development External links:
Sparkol – Software Development Company
What is SDLC? Understand the Software Development Life …
Download .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit …
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Antelope Valley Air Quality Management District
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Earth systems engineering and management External links:
[PDF]Earth Systems Engineering and Management
[PDF]Earth Systems Engineering and Management – Stephen …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management …
System dynamics External links:
System dynamics (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Vehicle System Dynamics: Vol 56, No 3
System Dynamics Review
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
Model Driven Engineering External links:
Model driven engineering | Caminao’s Ways
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
B4X – Rapid Application Development tools – Google+
Configuration management External links:
SecureWorks Cloud Security Configuration Management
5 Things About Configuration Management Your Boss …
Configuration Management | IpX
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical and Computer Engineering | Virginia Tech
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
UAB – Electrical and Computer Engineering – Home
Enterprise Unified Process External links:
Enterprise Unified Process (EUP) Site Map
EUP (Enterprise Unified Process) Definition – Tech Terms
Enterprise Unified Process Top # 5 Facts – YouTube
Watts Humphrey External links:
George Watts Humphrey Jr. – Wealth-X Dossier
Watts Humphrey – AbeBooks
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Safety engineering External links:
Safety Engineering Jobs – ASSE Career Center
Ruzena Bajcsy External links:
Ruzena Bajcsy | Penn Current
Ruzena Bajcsy – AnitaB.org
Ruzena Bajcsy | The Franklin Institute
Formalized Administrative Notation External links:
Formalized Administrative Notation (FAN) – WOW.com
Organizational chart External links:
Organizational Chart | United States Department of Labor
Organizational Chart :: Washington State Department of …
What is an Organizational Chart | Lucidchart
Functional specification External links:
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the Gap
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Value chain External links:
[PDF]The Value Chain From Competitive Advantage , by …
Value Chain Analysis: Definition and Examples
Value Chain – Investopedia
Flow chart External links:
Procedure Flow Chart – Title IX – MUW
[PDF]ESCROW & TITLE FLOW CHART – Nevada Title Company
Sample Flowcharts and Templates – Sample Flow Charts
Spiral model External links:
SDLC Spiral Model – Tutorials Point
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
An Enterprise Systems Engineering Model – SEBoK
[PDF]Framework for Enterprise Systems Engineering
Social Enterprise Systems Engineering – ScienceDirect
Software archaeology External links:
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Computer science External links:
Computer Science | Google for Education
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
index | Computer Science at Virginia Tech
Verification and validation External links:
[PDF]Verification and Validation – University of California, Irvine
International Address Verification and Validation | Experian
[DOC]VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION PLAN TEMPLATE
Scientific modelling External links:
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
Roman Frigg (LSE) ‘Scientific Modelling. A Primer’ – YouTube
Business process modeling External links:
Guide to Business Process Modeling | Smartsheet
What is Business Process Modeling Notation | Lucidchart
Business Process Modeling with BPMN – YouTube
Business plan External links:
Business plan – Official Site
How to Write a Real Estate Business Plan – Fit Small Business
How to Write a Business Plan for a Small Business: 9 Steps