What is involved in Agile Software Development
Find out what the related areas are that Agile Software Development connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile Software Development thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Software Development journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Software Development leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile Software Development related domains to cover and 334 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile Software Development, Danese Cooper, Extreme Programming, User experience, Adaptive software development, Aspect-oriented software development, Software prototyping, Software development process, Build automation, User story, Project team, Iterative and incremental development, Incremental build model, UML tools, Project stakeholders, Federal government of the United States, Software development methodologies, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Build light indicator, ISO 9000, Data modeling, IT infrastructure deployment, Rational Unified Process, Software bug, Software deployment, Functional specification, Systems engineering, Snowbird, Utah, Quality assurance, Feature-driven development, Customer representative, Customer engagement, Data model, Software development life cycle, Verification and Validation, Systems analysis, Acceptance testing, Capability Maturity Model, Function model, Agile testing, Model-driven development, Integrated development environment, ISO 26262, Risk management, Disciplined agile delivery, Infrastructure as Code, Risk analysis, Requirements analysis, Service-oriented architecture, Scaled Agile Framework, Software architecture, Software quality, Data science, Formal methods, Computer programming, Agile Unified Process, Pull-based agile coaching, Code refactoring, Enterprise Unified Process, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Bertrand Meyer, Business intelligence, IEEE Standards Association, Alistair Cockburn, Stand-up meeting, Wirth’s law, Legacy system, Software development, Technical debt:
Agile Software Development Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Agile Software Development leadership and figure out ways to motivate other Agile Software Development users.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– Does Agile Software Development systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– Will the broader project community be populated appropriately?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
– What about large teams?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Danese Cooper results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Danese Cooper.
– Will Agile Software Development have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Agile Software Development moving forward?
– Are there recognized Agile Software Development problems?
Extreme Programming Critical Criteria:
Design Extreme Programming quality and acquire concise Extreme Programming education.
– What is the source of the strategies for Agile Software Development strengthening and reform?
– How will you know that the Agile Software Development project has been successful?
– What is our formula for success in Agile Software Development ?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Set goals for User experience leadership and probe the present value of growth of User experience.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Agile Software Development activities?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– Are assumptions made in Agile Software Development stated explicitly?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Adaptive software development Critical Criteria:
Meet over Adaptive software development planning and correct better engagement with Adaptive software development results.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Agile Software Development?
– Do we monitor the Agile Software Development decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What threat is Agile Software Development addressing?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Recall Aspect-oriented software development tasks and integrate design thinking in Aspect-oriented software development innovation.
– What are the disruptive Agile Software Development technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Agile Software Development process?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Agile Software Development been identified and analyzed?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Software prototyping results and cater for concise Software prototyping education.
– Consider your own Agile Software Development project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the barriers to increased Agile Software Development production?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Dissect Software development process risks and report on setting up Software development process without losing ground.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Agile Software Development workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we measure improved Agile Software Development service perception, and satisfaction?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Dissect Build automation results and plan concise Build automation education.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Agile Software Development that make it risky?
– How do we keep improving Agile Software Development?
User story Critical Criteria:
Experiment with User story decisions and differentiate in coordinating User story.
– Do those selected for the Agile Software Development team have a good general understanding of what Agile Software Development is all about?
– How likely is the current Agile Software Development plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Have all basic functions of Agile Software Development been defined?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Focus on Project team adoptions and oversee implementation of Project team.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Agile Software Development strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
– How do we go about Securing Agile Software Development?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Design Iterative and incremental development tasks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Iterative and incremental development projects.
– What vendors make products that address the Agile Software Development needs?
– How is the value delivered by Agile Software Development being measured?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Unify Incremental build model failures and correct better engagement with Incremental build model results.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Agile Software Development, including any consulting or professional services?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Agile Software Development project?
– Does our organization need more Agile Software Development education?
UML tools Critical Criteria:
Derive from UML tools projects and adjust implementation of UML tools.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Agile Software Development ?
– Is Agile Software Development Required?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Systematize Project stakeholders issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Agile Software Development move?
– What will drive Agile Software Development change?
Federal government of the United States Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Federal government of the United States results and oversee Federal government of the United States requirements.
– In the case of a Agile Software Development project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Agile Software Development project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Agile Software Development project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Software development methodologies Critical Criteria:
Unify Software development methodologies adoptions and devote time assessing Software development methodologies and its risk.
– Is Supporting Agile Software Development documentation required?
– Do we all define Agile Software Development in the same way?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Discourse Capability Maturity Model Integration issues and describe which business rules are needed as Capability Maturity Model Integration interface.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Agile Software Development processes of our organization?
– How will you measure your Agile Software Development effectiveness?
Build light indicator Critical Criteria:
Dissect Build light indicator quality and intervene in Build light indicator processes and leadership.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Agile Software Development leader?
– How do we know that any Agile Software Development analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are our Agile Software Development Processes?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Check ISO 9000 governance and point out improvements in ISO 9000.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Agile Software Development products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Agile Software Development forward?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Categorize Data modeling outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
IT infrastructure deployment Critical Criteria:
Read up on IT infrastructure deployment strategies and clarify ways to gain access to competitive IT infrastructure deployment services.
– To what extent does management recognize Agile Software Development as a tool to increase the results?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile Software Development project?
– Which Agile Software Development goals are the most important?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Guard Rational Unified Process visions and observe effective Rational Unified Process.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Agile Software Development project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we manage Agile Software Development Knowledge Management (KM)?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Software bug issues and devise Software bug key steps.
– Which customers cant participate in our Agile Software Development domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is our Agile Software Development Strategy?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software deployment engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
– In a project to restructure Agile Software Development outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Who needs to know about Agile Software Development ?
– How do we Lead with Agile Software Development in Mind?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Talk about Functional specification quality and define what our big hairy audacious Functional specification goal is.
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Understand Systems engineering planning and tour deciding if Systems engineering progress is made.
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How will we know when we are done?
– How much architecting is enough?
– How does it all fit together?
– Deliver interim releases?
– What are our objectives?
– Right implementation?
– Right requirements?
Snowbird, Utah Critical Criteria:
Test Snowbird, Utah leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Snowbird, Utah because they lack skills.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Agile Software Development objectives?
– Does Agile Software Development appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Quality assurance planning and figure out ways to motivate other Quality assurance users.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Does the quality plan prescribe the type(s) of Quality Assurance activities (such as reviews, audits, inspections) to be performed to achieve the objectives of the quality plan?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What is the availability of and cost of internal Quality Assurance manpower necessary to monitor each performance indicator?
– Is the records center well-maintained, orderly, and free of clutter that could lead to misplaced or lost records?
– Does the Quality Assurance process include a review of adherence to it policies, procedures and standards?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– How do you assure that repairs and/or preventative maintenance were completed?
– How does improper or incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– Did the environment mitigate or increase the severity of the occurrence?
– What are your key indicators that you will measure, analyze and track?
– Is the performance measure improving, degrading, or remaining stable?
– How does the qa plan cover all aspects of the organization?
– How to balance level of oversight with level of risk ?
– Are retention requirements specified for records?
– How does automation fit into Quality Assurance?
– How much does Quality Assurance cost?
– Quality Assurance for whom?
Feature-driven development Critical Criteria:
Coach on Feature-driven development strategies and learn.
– Does Agile Software Development analysis show the relationships among important Agile Software Development factors?
– Can we do Agile Software Development without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are specific Agile Software Development Rules to follow?
Customer representative Critical Criteria:
Administer Customer representative failures and research ways can we become the Customer representative company that would put us out of business.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Agile Software Development effort?
– Do Agile Software Development rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How much does Agile Software Development help?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Customer engagement adoptions and cater for concise Customer engagement education.
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– What are current Agile Software Development Paradigms?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Discuss Data model management and grade techniques for implementing Data model controls.
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Are accountability and ownership for Agile Software Development clearly defined?
– Why is Agile Software Development important for you now?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Software development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Software development life cycle governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Software development life cycle information.
– Does Agile Software Development include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
Verification and Validation Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Verification and Validation adoptions and mentor Verification and Validation customer orientation.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Agile Software Development processes?
– Is there any existing Agile Software Development governance structure?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Sort Systems analysis tasks and define what our big hairy audacious Systems analysis goal is.
– For the system you identified select a process. can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– Can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– Can the system actually be made to operate in the organization, or will people resist it?
– What process must the company go through to obtain and implement a new system?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– What is the purpose of splitting design into two parts: systems and detail?
– What other technologies, tools, or equipment are used in this process?
– Does the Agile Software Development task fit the clients priorities?
– Do you think users make the final switch to the new system easily?
– How can case tools be used to support requirements determination?
– How should Systems Analysis incorporate multisectoral components?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– Why have Systems Analysis at all?
– Why do we need this method?
– Can something be combined?
– So, what is a procedure ?
– Can a step be eliminated?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Acceptance testing quality and gather Acceptance testing models .
– Is the Agile Software Development organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– Are there Agile Software Development problems defined?
Capability Maturity Model Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Capability Maturity Model engagements and secure Capability Maturity Model creativity.
– What is Effective Agile Software Development?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Function model outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
Agile testing Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Agile testing strategies and catalog Agile testing activities.
– Is Agile Software Development Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Think of your Agile Software Development project. what are the main functions?
Model-driven development Critical Criteria:
Examine Model-driven development planning and probe Model-driven development strategic alliances.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Agile Software Development is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Integrated development environment leadership and get out your magnifying glass.
– Think about the functions involved in your Agile Software Development project. what processes flow from these functions?
ISO 26262 Critical Criteria:
Discuss ISO 26262 tasks and find the essential reading for ISO 26262 researchers.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Agile Software Development?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Detail Risk management issues and get going.
– Not all cyber-connected assets are essential to protect at all cost. Some assets, however, are crown jewels – worth protecting at all costs. Other assets may be more like paperclips where the expense of protection exceeds the benefit. How do you tell the difference?
– Are we communicating about our Cybersecurity Risk Management programs including the effectiveness of those programs to stakeholders, including boards, investors, auditors, and insurers?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Does your organization include risk management processes in policy decisions, such as implementation of a new specification, design requirement, or other related elements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– What is the potential impact on the organization if the information is disclosed to unauthorized personnel?
– What information handled by or about the Risk assessed system should not be disclosed and to whom?
– Do we use IT personnel directly, use outsourcing, or use both approaches to address IT issues?
– What are the core responsibilities of our Risk Management committee?
– Do you actively monitor regulatory changes for the impact of ITRM?
– How do you assess vulnerabilities to your system and assets?
– Are records kept of successful Cybersecurity intrusions?
– Are risk incidents frequent within similar organizations?
– What is your process/plan for managing risk?
– What else do you need to learn to be ready?
– How do you justify a new firewall?
– Why do you want risk management?
– How do you report cyberattacks?
– What is meant by managing risk?
Disciplined agile delivery Critical Criteria:
Understand Disciplined agile delivery risks and drive action.
– How can skill-level changes improve Agile Software Development?
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Infrastructure as Code outcomes and get going.
– How to Secure Agile Software Development?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Risk analysis issues and tour deciding if Risk analysis progress is made.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Requirements analysis results and gather practices for scaling Requirements analysis.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Agile Software Development?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Meet over Service-oriented architecture outcomes and track iterative Service-oriented architecture results.
– For your Agile Software Development project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Scaled Agile Framework Critical Criteria:
Review Scaled Agile Framework strategies and get the big picture.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Agile Software Development with what users do day-to-day?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Agile Software Development project?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Software architecture tasks and probe Software architecture strategic alliances.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Agile Software Development requirements in detail?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Frame Software quality risks and assess what counts with Software quality that we are not counting.
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Does Agile Software Development create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Do the Agile Software Development decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Data science Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Data science issues and assess and formulate effective operational and Data science strategies.
– Among the Agile Software Development product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– How can you measure Agile Software Development in a systematic way?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Chat re Formal methods quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we have past Agile Software Development Successes?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Computer programming leadership and tour deciding if Computer programming progress is made.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Agile Software Development process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Agile Software Development process available?
– What business benefits will Agile Software Development goals deliver if achieved?
– Who will provide the final approval of Agile Software Development deliverables?
Agile Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Agile Unified Process visions and develop and take control of the Agile Unified Process initiative.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Agile Software Development in a volatile global economy?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Agile Software Development leaders?
Pull-based agile coaching Critical Criteria:
Deduce Pull-based agile coaching results and devote time assessing Pull-based agile coaching and its risk.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Agile Software Development models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are all of our Agile Software Development domains and what do they do?
Code refactoring Critical Criteria:
Think about Code refactoring visions and find the essential reading for Code refactoring researchers.
– How can you negotiate Agile Software Development successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Enterprise Unified Process failures and get the big picture.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge planning and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Agile Software Development agendas for the next 3 years?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Chart Bertrand Meyer goals and devise Bertrand Meyer key steps.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Agile Software Development delivery for example is new software needed?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Categorize Business intelligence management and differentiate in coordinating Business intelligence.
– If on-premise software is a must, a balance of choice and simplicity is essential. When specific users are viewing and interacting with analytics, can you use a named-user licensing model that offers accessibility without the need for hardware considerations?
– Research reveals that more than half of business intelligence projects hit a low degree of acceptance or fail. What factors influence the implementation negative or positive?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– What strategies will we pursue to ensure the success of the business intelligence competency center?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– Is Business Intelligence a more natural fit within Finance or IT?
– What else does the data tell us that we never thought to ask?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– No single business unit responsible for enterprise data?
– How will marketing change in the next 10 years?
– What is the future of BI Score cards KPI etc?
– How stable is it across domains/geographies?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– Describe any training materials offered?
– Why do we need business intelligence?
– What is your annual maintenance?
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Inquire about IEEE Standards Association leadership and perfect IEEE Standards Association conflict management.
– What is the purpose of Agile Software Development in relation to the mission?
Alistair Cockburn Critical Criteria:
Analyze Alistair Cockburn governance and achieve a single Alistair Cockburn view and bringing data together.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Agile Software Development objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Agile Software Development study?
Stand-up meeting Critical Criteria:
Understand Stand-up meeting results and figure out ways to motivate other Stand-up meeting users.
– How do we go about Comparing Agile Software Development approaches/solutions?
– How to deal with Agile Software Development Changes?
– Stand-up meeting time and format?
Wirth’s law Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Wirth’s law adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Wirth’s law.
– Is maximizing Agile Software Development protection the same as minimizing Agile Software Development loss?
– What are the business goals Agile Software Development is aiming to achieve?
Legacy system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Legacy system projects and get the big picture.
– Many organizations maintain their current legacy systems, believing in the old saying, If it is not broken, why fix it. Do we know where in our organization this thinking makes sense?
– What events (changes in conditions or states) does the corporation elect to recognize, and what events does it either ignore deliberately, or to neglect to recognize?
– Are there technological or capacity constraints from the legacy systems that would mandate or preclude real-time integration with the existing systems?
– How can you create a cross application architecture that supports your current systems, while at the same time accommodating changing business needs?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– What are the existing tasks, methods and techniques to enable migration of legacy on-premise software to the cloud?
– Who will be responsible for extraction of the legacy data and will work with the vendor on transformation?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– Can we understand the timeframe given replacing the current legacy system with the new systems?
– Do we make sure that we Modernize our Legacy Systems AND Cut Costs?
– So what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices?
– Do procedures exist that formalize the activity execution?
– What are the resources involved in the process?
– What format will be legacy data be provided?
– What is the production time of the output?
– What do our customers need or want?
– Who or what is doing the managing?
– Is the software system usable?
– Legacy data to import?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Sort Software development management and oversee Software development requirements.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
– How much modeling to do?
Technical debt Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Technical debt planning and reduce Technical debt costs.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Agile Software Development information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is there a Agile Software Development Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Software Development Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile Software Development External links:
Quick Glance At: Agile Anti-Patterns” by David Tanzer will show you what can go wrong when companies try to implement agile software development – And also what you can do to make it better!
Agile Software Development Q&A and …
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
Agile Scout – Agile Software Development News
Extreme Programming External links:
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? | Agile Alliance
AgileFAQs – Expert Agile, Scrum, eXtreme Programming …
User experience External links:
Website Innovation – User Experience Experts
User Experience Consulting – Blink UX – Seattle Washington
User Experience Professionals Association
Adaptive software development External links:
Adaptive Software Development Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
The Benefits of Adaptive Software Development | Adaptik
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process – YouTube
What is Google’s software development process? – Quora
During which phase of the software development process …
Build automation External links:
Release Management and Build Automation with TFS …
Best Build Automation Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
User story External links:
User Story Mapping with Jeff Patton – YouTube
StoriesOnBoard – The User Story Mapping Tool
Share Your User Story – Laerdal Medical
Project team External links:
Project Team Roles and Responsibilities | Usability.gov
Project Team | Official website of the City of Tucson
Project Team | The Commons | Ursinus College
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental Build Model (Animation Project) – YouTube
Project stakeholders External links:
PMP® | Project Stakeholders | PMBOK 5 – YouTube
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Build light indicator External links:
ISO 9000 External links:
ISO 9000 – What Is ISO 9000? A Standards Series | ASQ
ISO 9000 – MasterControl, Inc.
What is ISO 9000? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data modeling External links:
[PDF]Data Modeling Basics – Pennsylvania
[PDF]Spatial data modeling (types) – UTSA
Data Modeling in Visio 2013 – YouTube
Rational Unified Process External links:
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
Rational Unified Process (RUP) – YouTube
[PPT]Rational Unified Process – University of Kansas
Software bug External links:
Software bug forced Nest thermostats offline – Engadget
iPad software bug fix? | Verizon Community
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
AprelTech – Software Deployment
Functional specification External links:
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Systems engineering External links:
Department of Biological Systems Engineering | …
Infinity Systems Engineering
Systems Engineering | IT Services Company | …
Snowbird, Utah External links:
Snowbird, UT – Snowbird, Utah Map & Directions – MapQuest
Quality assurance External links:
Quality Assurance – Medline
Textechno – Your partner in quality assurance
LabLink xL™ Quality Assurance Software
Customer representative External links:
CLERICAL/OFFICE POSITION/CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE …
providence.craigslist.org › jobs › admin/office
Customer engagement External links:
Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Customer Engagement Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Customer Engagement · FAI Media Library
Data model External links:
What is data modeling? Webopedia Definition
COT – Data Model
Software development life cycle External links:
What is SDLC? Understand the Software Development Life Cycle
Software Development Life Cycle (sdlc) – Home | Facebook
Verification and Validation External links:
About Verification and Validation | VA Mobile
Systems analysis External links:
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Political Systems Analysis
Acceptance testing External links:
UltiPro User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) Instructions | …
Capability Maturity Model External links:
Buildings Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model
Function model External links:
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
Agile testing External links:
Agile Testing Days
ATA BLOGS – Agile Testing Alliance Blog’s
Agile Testing – Tutorialspoint
Model-driven development External links:
Model-Driven Development, From Object-Oriented Design …
Integrated development environment External links:
Anypoint Studio | Integrated Development Environment …
ISO 26262 External links:
What Is ISO 26262? | IQS, Inc.
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Agency – Official Site
“Billions” Risk Management (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb
Disciplined agile delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Meetup
Infrastructure as Code External links:
virtuwise | Infrastructure As Code
Part 2: NetDevOps Goes Beyond Infrastructure as Code
Risk analysis External links:
Risk analysis (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Risk analysis (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Requirements analysis External links:
Introduction to Requirements Analysis | About …
Training Systems Requirements Analysis (TSRA)
Business Requirements Analysis – Project Management …
Scaled Agile Framework External links:
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.5) – Scale Enterprise Agile
[PDF]Overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® for Lean …
Software architecture External links:
Example: Software Architecture Document
.NET Software Architecture Workshops – Stack Mechanics
Archangel Design – Software Architecture Consulting
Software quality External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Data science External links:
Domino Data Lab – Data Science Platform
Yhat: End-to-End Data Science Platform
Formal methods External links:
Formal Methods – Carnegie Mellon University
NASA Formal Methods Symposium • Home
Formal Methods and Models | Volgenau School of …
Computer programming External links:
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Computer Programming – Augusta Technical College
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Code refactoring External links:
Code Refactoring – Interactive System for Ice sheet Simulation
Code Refactoring – PowerTheShell
Code Refactoring (Software Gardening – Pruning) | …
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer Profiles | Facebook
Business intelligence External links:
[PDF]Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst – ttra
IEEE Standards Association External links:
IEEE Standards Association – 802.11 WLANs WG Group …
IEEE Standards Association – Official Site
IEEE Standards Association – View IEEE Society-Staff Liaisons
Stand-up meeting External links:
Is Your Stand-Up Meeting Getting Boring? – LAUNCH!
What is a Stand-Up Meeting? – Definition from Techopedia
Wirth’s law External links:
Wirth’s Law, Havel’s Woodshed – Ethics & Public Policy Center
What is wirth’s law? – Quora
What is Wirth’s Law? – Definition from Techopedia
Legacy system External links:
Legacy system legal definition of Legacy system
[PDF]Legacy Systems Costing You
Legacy System Catalog – Implant Direct
Software development External links:
COAX – Software Development Company
Software Development, UX, Ecommerce & Digital Marketing
Custom Software Development – Oasis Digital Solutions Inc.
Technical debt External links:
A Primer on Technical Debt – Gartner
18F: Digital service delivery | What is technical debt?
Technical Debt – Agile Web Development & Operations