What is involved in it service continuity
Find out what the related areas are that it service continuity connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a it service continuity thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its it service continuity journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward it service continuity leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which it service continuity related domains to cover and 49 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
it service continuity, BSI Group, BS 25999, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery Center, ISO/IEC 27001, IT infrastructure, Recovery Consistency Objective, Recovery Point Objective, Recovery Time Objective:
it service continuity Critical Criteria:
Prioritize it service continuity decisions and stake your claim.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our it service continuity agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is there a it service continuity Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– When a it service continuity manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
BSI Group Critical Criteria:
Huddle over BSI Group strategies and question.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective it service continuity leader?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations it service continuity values?
– Is it service continuity dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
BS 25999 Critical Criteria:
Test BS 25999 failures and forecast involvement of future BS 25999 projects in development.
– Does it service continuity create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do the it service continuity decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Think of your it service continuity project. what are the main functions?
Business Continuity Planning Critical Criteria:
Grade Business Continuity Planning quality and learn.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once it service continuity is underway?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Will it service continuity deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– How can we improve it service continuity?
Disaster Recovery Center Critical Criteria:
Boost Disaster Recovery Center results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Disaster Recovery Center is getting what it needs.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of it service continuity product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for it service continuity strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do mission and objectives affect the it service continuity processes of our organization?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Graph ISO/IEC 27001 results and adjust implementation of ISO/IEC 27001.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that it service continuity objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are accountability and ownership for it service continuity clearly defined?
– How do we go about Securing it service continuity?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct IT infrastructure engagements and devise IT infrastructure key steps.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– Is maximizing it service continuity protection the same as minimizing it service continuity loss?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of it service continuity that make it risky?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
Recovery Consistency Objective Critical Criteria:
Generalize Recovery Consistency Objective tasks and get answers.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect it service continuity workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Recovery Point Objective Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Recovery Point Objective adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent it service continuity services/products?
– Which remote replication mode provides a near-zero recovery point objective (rpo)?
– What is our System Recovery Point Objective RPO (how current should the data be)?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the it service continuity requirements in detail?
– How is the term recovery point objective (rpo) defined?
– What is our definition of recovery point objective?
– What is the recovery point objective?
Recovery Time Objective Critical Criteria:
Apply Recovery Time Objective risks and shift your focus.
– Has your organization ever had to invoke its disaster recovery plan which included the CRM solution and if so was the recovery time objective met and how long did it take to return to your primary solution?
– In the event of a physical or logical disaster, what are the Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives (RPO/RTO) that you will need and they will provide?
– How do we ensure that implementations of it service continuity products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How will you know that the it service continuity project has been successful?
– What is your organizations history of meeting recovery time objectives?
– What are the Key enablers to make this it service continuity move?
– What is the recovery time objective for the application?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the it service continuity Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
it service continuity External links:
It Service Continuity Manager – camelait.store
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management June 3 – itsmf.ca
www.itsmf.ca/images/fck/File/Manitoba/Leveraging ITSCM – June 3-08.pdf
BSI Group External links:
BS – BSI Group
Help | BSI Group
bsi group Jobs in Cleveland, Ohio | Monster.com
BS 25999 External links:
ISO 22301 v BS 25999: what’s the difference? – KRYPSYS
Disaster Recovery Center External links:
FEMA: Disaster Recovery Center Locator
Mobile Disaster Recovery Center Opens in Wharton County
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
BSI Training – ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Standard
IT infrastructure External links:
iTech | IT Infrastructure, Cloud and Mobility Conference
Best IT Infrastructure Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Chef – Automate IT Infrastructure | Chef
Recovery Point Objective External links:
[PDF]RPO (Recovery Point Objective) – ManagementMania
Recovery Time Objective External links:
What is Recovery Time Objective? Webopedia Definition
Recovery Time Objective (RTO) Calculator Source Files