What is involved in Cloud Management Platforms
Find out what the related areas are that Cloud Management Platforms connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cloud Management Platforms thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cloud Management Platforms journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cloud Management Platforms leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cloud Management Platforms related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cloud Management Platforms, Cloud management, Brokerage firm, Cloud computing, Cloud services, Single sign-on:
Cloud Management Platforms Critical Criteria:
Depict Cloud Management Platforms tactics and look at it backwards.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Cloud Management Platforms project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Cloud Management Platforms project lifecycle?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Cloud Management Platforms?
– How can skill-level changes improve Cloud Management Platforms?
Cloud management Critical Criteria:
Explore Cloud management management and report on the economics of relationships managing Cloud management and constraints.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Cloud Management Platforms in a volatile global economy?
– How can you verify that the virtualization platform or cloud management software running on the systems you use, which you did not install and do not control, does not contain malware?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Cloud Management Platforms processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Cloud Management Platforms project?
– Cloud management for Cloud Management Platforms do we really need one?
Brokerage firm Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Brokerage firm planning and innovate what needs to be done with Brokerage firm.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Cloud Management Platforms project manager?
– Are assumptions made in Cloud Management Platforms stated explicitly?
– How is the value delivered by Cloud Management Platforms being measured?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Own Cloud computing failures and describe which business rules are needed as Cloud computing interface.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
– What is grid computing?
Cloud services Critical Criteria:
Review Cloud services leadership and remodel and develop an effective Cloud services strategy.
– We keep record of data and store them in cloud services; for example Google Suite. There are data protection tools provided and security rules can be set. But who has the responsibility for securing them – us or Google?
– An extra consideration when using cloud services concerns the handling of encryption keys where are the keys stored and how are they made available to application code that needs to decrypt the data for processing?
– The slower data transfer rate between a compute cluster and a storage array has been adversely impacting multiple cloud services. which Service Management process helps to mitigate this impact?
– Do the security controls encompass not only the cloud services themselves, but also the management interfaces offered to customers?
– How can I automatically provision user accounts with cloud services and automate the process of provisoning and deprovisioning?
– Can the cloud services provide enough resources and extra capacity to meet increased demand from all of their customers?
– Which cloud characteristic enables the consumers to use cloud services from a wide range of client platforms?
– Does the customer have governance and compliance processes in place for the use of cloud services?
– Is a report by an independent audit agency available, for covering the providers cloud services?
– Question to cloud provider: Can I integrate my current IdAM system with your cloud services?
– What are key cost factors involved while using cloud services from a service provider?
– Does our organization need more Cloud Management Platforms education?
– Which type of software is capable of creating cloud services?
– So, how does security management manifest in cloud services?
– Is PII going to be stored/processed by the cloud services?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– Is the scope of Cloud Management Platforms defined?
– Are there Cloud Management Platforms Models?
Single sign-on Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Single sign-on tasks and spearhead techniques for implementing Single sign-on.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Cloud Management Platforms strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– How do we go about Securing Cloud Management Platforms?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cloud Management Platforms Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud Management Platforms External links:
SaaS Cloud Management Platforms, Private, Hybrid | …
Cloud management External links:
Edgenet | Product Content Cloud Management System, …
Cloud Management Suite – IT Patch Management and …
Cloud Solutions | Cloud Management & Services | CloudHelm
Brokerage firm External links:
a Brokerage Firm, LLC. – Home
INCO Commercial | Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Firm
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud services External links:
IT Support & Cloud Services | SpireTech – Portland Oregon
IT Outsourcing | Cloud Services | mindSHIFT
Single sign-on External links:
JCCC Single Sign-on
Single Sign-On | HVCC
UAH Single Sign-On