What is involved in Land management
Find out what the related areas are that Land management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Land management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Land management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Land management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Land management related domains to cover and 93 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Land management, Acreage Reduction Program, Agenda 21, Built-up area, Conservation grazing, Customary land, Developed environments, Drainage system, Environmental management scheme, Environmental planning, Habitat conservation, Habitat loss, Holistic management, Illegal construction, Integrated landscape management, Land-use conflict, Land-use planning, Land Allocation Decision Support System, Land consumption, Land degradation, Land development, Land development bank, Land grabbing, Land loss, Land reclamation, Land rehabilitation, Land use, Landscape ecology, Leopold matrix, Organic agriculture, Rangeland management, Real estate developer, Society for Organic Urban Land Care, Soil compaction, Soil pollution, Soil science, Sustainable agriculture, Sustainable land management, Urban planning, Urban renewal, Water resource management, Watertable control, Wildlife management:
Land management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Land management adoptions and point out Land management tensions in leadership.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Land management. How do we gain traction?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Land management, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Land management with what users do day-to-day?
Acreage Reduction Program Critical Criteria:
Steer Acreage Reduction Program projects and figure out ways to motivate other Acreage Reduction Program users.
– Think about the people you identified for your Land management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does Land management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Land management move?
Agenda 21 Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Agenda 21 leadership and cater for concise Agenda 21 education.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Land management processes?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Land management that make it risky?
– Is Supporting Land management documentation required?
Built-up area Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Built-up area risks and secure Built-up area creativity.
– How do we manage Land management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How is the value delivered by Land management being measured?
Conservation grazing Critical Criteria:
Derive from Conservation grazing management and optimize Conservation grazing leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Land management processes?
– Think of your Land management project. what are the main functions?
Customary land Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Customary land governance and observe effective Customary land.
– Does Land management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– When a Land management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are there Land management problems defined?
Developed environments Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Developed environments quality and check on ways to get started with Developed environments.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Land management?
– What threat is Land management addressing?
Drainage system Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Drainage system management and find the ideas you already have.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Land management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Land management project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Land management ?
Environmental management scheme Critical Criteria:
Systematize Environmental management scheme tactics and devise Environmental management scheme key steps.
– What are our needs in relation to Land management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Land management effort?
– Who needs to know about Land management ?
Environmental planning Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Environmental planning strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Environmental planning.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Land management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are all of our Land management domains and what do they do?
– What are internal and external Land management relations?
Habitat conservation Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Habitat conservation failures and question.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Land management process?
– How do we measure improved Land management service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we Identify specific Land management investment and emerging trends?
Habitat loss Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Habitat loss results and remodel and develop an effective Habitat loss strategy.
– What are the disruptive Land management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is maximizing Land management protection the same as minimizing Land management loss?
– Is Land management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Holistic management Critical Criteria:
Consult on Holistic management goals and acquire concise Holistic management education.
– Can we do Land management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What is our formula for success in Land management ?
Illegal construction Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Illegal construction quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Illegal construction and constraints.
– Can we add value to the current Land management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we keep improving Land management?
Integrated landscape management Critical Criteria:
Sort Integrated landscape management results and look at it backwards.
– Do those selected for the Land management team have a good general understanding of what Land management is all about?
– Is a Land management Team Work effort in place?
Land-use conflict Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Land-use conflict risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Land-use conflict because they lack skills.
– What are the key elements of your Land management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do we know that any Land management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Land-use planning Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Land-use planning governance and assess what counts with Land-use planning that we are not counting.
– How can you negotiate Land management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do we have past Land management Successes?
Land Allocation Decision Support System Critical Criteria:
Chart Land Allocation Decision Support System management and devise Land Allocation Decision Support System key steps.
– Is there a Land management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Land management leaders?
– How do we go about Comparing Land management approaches/solutions?
Land consumption Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Land consumption management and document what potential Land consumption megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Consider your own Land management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Among the Land management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Land management Management?
Land degradation Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Land degradation projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Land degradation because they lack skills.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Land management study?
– How do we Improve Land management service perception, and satisfaction?
Land development Critical Criteria:
Group Land development risks and find the essential reading for Land development researchers.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Land management requirements in detail?
– What are the long-term Land management goals?
Land development bank Critical Criteria:
Consider Land development bank engagements and integrate design thinking in Land development bank innovation.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Land management objectives?
Land grabbing Critical Criteria:
Debate over Land grabbing projects and sort Land grabbing activities.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Land management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Land management project lifecycle?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Land management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Land loss Critical Criteria:
Own Land loss outcomes and report on developing an effective Land loss strategy.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Land management activities?
– Which Land management goals are the most important?
Land reclamation Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Land reclamation risks and correct Land reclamation management by competencies.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Land management process?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Land management?
Land rehabilitation Critical Criteria:
Study Land rehabilitation issues and reduce Land rehabilitation costs.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Land management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Land management process available?
– Have all basic functions of Land management been defined?
Land use Critical Criteria:
Learn from Land use failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Land use projects.
– Do we all define Land management in the same way?
Landscape ecology Critical Criteria:
Value Landscape ecology goals and attract Landscape ecology skills.
– How do we Lead with Land management in Mind?
– Is the scope of Land management defined?
Leopold matrix Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Leopold matrix projects and document what potential Leopold matrix megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How can the value of Land management be defined?
Organic agriculture Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Organic agriculture tasks and report on developing an effective Organic agriculture strategy.
– Do Land management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Who will provide the final approval of Land management deliverables?
Rangeland management Critical Criteria:
Generalize Rangeland management risks and improve Rangeland management service perception.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Land management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– what is the best design framework for Land management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Real estate developer Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Real estate developer quality and find out.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Land management moving forward?
Society for Organic Urban Land Care Critical Criteria:
Analyze Society for Organic Urban Land Care failures and observe effective Society for Organic Urban Land Care.
– Does Land management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Soil compaction Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Soil compaction quality and define Soil compaction competency-based leadership.
– Does Land management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Soil pollution Critical Criteria:
Discourse Soil pollution governance and ask questions.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Land management agendas for the next 3 years?
Soil science Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Soil science results and develop and take control of the Soil science initiative.
– How do we maintain Land managements Integrity?
Sustainable agriculture Critical Criteria:
Study Sustainable agriculture failures and get answers.
– In what ways are Land management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is the Land management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Sustainable land management Critical Criteria:
Align Sustainable land management tasks and test out new things.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Land management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are there recognized Land management problems?
Urban planning Critical Criteria:
Match Urban planning results and tour deciding if Urban planning progress is made.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Land management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Urban renewal Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Urban renewal risks and maintain Urban renewal for success.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Land management forward?
Water resource management Critical Criteria:
Detail Water resource management strategies and point out improvements in Water resource management.
Watertable control Critical Criteria:
Check Watertable control planning and get answers.
– What are the short and long-term Land management goals?
Wildlife management Critical Criteria:
Participate in Wildlife management governance and devise Wildlife management key steps.
– How to deal with Land management Changes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Land management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Acreage Reduction Program External links:
59 FR – 1995 Feed Grain Acreage Reduction Program
Agenda 21 External links:
Agenda 21 For Dummies – YouTube
Agenda 21 – Earth Summit :: essays research papers
Conservation grazing External links:
Conservation Grazing Map – mda.state.mn.us
[PDF]Request for Proposals (RFP) Conservation Grazing …
www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/BC Grazing RFP 20140127.pdf
New Conservation Grazing Map – Minnesota
Customary land External links:
Customary land law | Ownership | Property – scribd.com
SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT CUSTOMARY LAND
Customary land title – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Customary land title&item_type=topic
Drainage system External links:
MEL-DRAIN – Rolled Matrix Drainage System – W. R. …
Environmental planning External links:
| Sustainable Environmental Planning and Management …
Habitat conservation External links:
Habitat Conservation Fund – California State Parks
Habitat Conservation Plans | WA – DNR
Habitat loss External links:
Habitat Loss – Bats (U.S. National Park Service)
Habitat Loss | American Bird Conservancy
habitat loss | Our Planet
Holistic management External links:
Holistic Management – Farming
Holistic Management – 3LM Land and Livestock …
Why Holistic Management – Holistic Management International
Integrated landscape management External links:
Integrated Landscape Management – Home | Facebook
Integrated Landscape Management – NV – Home | Facebook
Land Allocation Decision Support System External links:
Land consumption External links:
“Land Consumption Impacts of a Transportation System …
Land Consumption Impacts of a Transportation System …
Land degradation External links:
Land degradation Assessment | IPBES
Land Degradation | Global Environment Facility
Land development External links:
land development loan and land loans– Grace Capital Group
landproDATA | Real Data for Land Development Professionals
Bergeron Land Development | Roadway Construction
Land development bank External links:
Land Development Bank Limited – Puc – Home | Facebook
Land loss External links:
Black Land Loss – Federation of Southern Cooperatives
www.federationsoutherncoop.com/files home page/landloss.htm
Attorneys & Staff: – Land Loss Prevention Project
Land reclamation External links:
CHAPTER 5 – LAND RECLAMATION – PRIMARY
Land Reclamation, De-Watering & Water Treatment …
Land rehabilitation External links:
“Land Rehabilitation Awareness” by Travis Christensen …
[PDF]Land Rehabilitation Option 15-16
Mined-land rehabilitation (Book, 1984) [WorldCat.org]
Land use External links:
[PDF]FACT SHEET Recorded Land Use Covenants
Landscape ecology External links:
Landscape ecology: the effect of pattern on process
Landscape ecology. (Journal, magazine, 1987) …
[PDF]Lecture 14 landscape ecology.ppt – University of …
www.d.umn.edu/~gniemi/Lecture 14 landscape ecology.pdf
Organic agriculture External links:
Organic Agriculture – Ga Dept of Agriculture
Rangeland management External links:
Rangeland Management $25,000 Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Rangeland Management | Bureau of Land Management
Rangeland Monitoring | Burns | Rangeland Management, LLC
Society for Organic Urban Land Care External links:
Society for Organic Urban Land Care – WOW.com
Society for Organic Urban Land Care – Home | Facebook
Society for Organic Urban Land Care – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/Society for Organic Urban Land Care
Soil compaction External links:
[PDF]Soil Compaction – Food and Agriculture Organization
Soil pollution External links:
What Is Soil Pollution? | Hunker
Soil pollution (Book, 1991) [WorldCat.org]
Soil Pollution | The EPA Blog
Soil science External links:
Soil Science (NDSU)
21st World Congress of Soil Science (WCSS)
Soil Science Society of America – Official Site
Sustainable agriculture External links:
The Sustainable Agriculture Fund – CBRE
MESA | Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture
Sustainable Table | Sustainable Agriculture – The Basics
Sustainable land management External links:
Dixon Water Foundation :: Sustainable land management
Urban planning External links:
Urban Planning & Economic Development | Community Builders
Master of Urban Planning and Development | Cleveland …
TECO + Partners Architecture Engineering Urban Planning
Urban renewal External links:
Urban Renewal Real Estate & Construction – Home
About — THE URBAN RENEWAL PROJECT
Water resource management External links:
Water Resource Management – City of Auburn
DATCP Home Bureau of Land and Water Resource Management
eo4water – Earth observation for water resource management
Wildlife management External links:
Wildlife Management Areas | VDGIF
Wildlife Management Area (WMA) Maps – TN.Gov