What is involved in SAP PM
Find out what the related areas are that SAP PM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP PM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP PM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP PM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP PM related domains to cover and 93 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP PM, SAP ERP, Corporate services, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, Human Capital Management, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Travel management, User interface:
SAP PM Critical Criteria:
Unify SAP PM strategies and prioritize challenges of SAP PM.
– Which customers cant participate in our SAP PM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the Essentials of Internal SAP PM Management?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Value SAP ERP planning and oversee SAP ERP requirements.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about SAP PM. How do we gain traction?
– When a SAP PM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What is the purpose of SAP PM in relation to the mission?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Grasp Corporate services governance and sort Corporate services activities.
– Can we add value to the current SAP PM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How much does SAP PM help?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Audit Enterprise resource planning failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Enterprise resource planning and constraints.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of SAP PM activities?
– What are internal and external SAP PM relations?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Track Environment, health and safety management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Environment, health and safety projects.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of SAP PM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does SAP PM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– what is the best design framework for SAP PM organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Steer Financial accounting adoptions and look at it backwards.
– What are the key elements of your SAP PM performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Think of your SAP PM project. what are the main functions?
– How would one define SAP PM leadership?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Human Capital Management tasks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Human Capital Management projects.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to SAP PM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding SAP PM?
– Are we Assessing SAP PM and Risk?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Management accounting goals and improve Management accounting service perception.
– Are there recognized SAP PM problems?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Materials management visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Materials management decisions.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing SAP PM? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is the scope of SAP PM defined?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Refer to Middle ware quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations SAP PM values?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of SAP PM that make it risky?
– Are there SAP PM Models?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Detail Out of the box quality and integrate design thinking in Out of the box innovation.
– Is Supporting SAP PM documentation required?
– Is a SAP PM Team Work effort in place?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Consult on Production planning strategies and probe the present value of growth of Production planning.
– How is the value delivered by SAP PM being measured?
– How can you measure SAP PM in a systematic way?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Quality management management and get out your magnifying glass.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SAP PM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SAP PM process available?
– Are accountability and ownership for SAP PM clearly defined?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Systematize Rate of return strategies and check on ways to get started with Rate of return.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– Is the SAP PM organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– Is there any existing SAP PM governance structure?
– What are the short and long-term SAP PM goals?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Investigate Real estate outcomes and differentiate in coordinating Real estate.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which SAP PM models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether SAP PM goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Scan Return on investment governance and innovate what needs to be done with Return on investment.
– In the case of a SAP PM project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a SAP PM project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any SAP PM project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Is SAP PM Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the long-term SAP PM goals?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Analyze SAP NetWeaver quality and maintain SAP NetWeaver for success.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing SAP PM?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Audit SAP R/2 engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is SAP PM dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the barriers to increased SAP PM production?
– Will SAP PM deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Devise SAP R/3 tasks and devote time assessing SAP R/3 and its risk.
– Have all basic functions of SAP PM been defined?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Audit SAP S/4HANA projects and display thorough understanding of the SAP S/4HANA process.
– How will you measure your SAP PM effectiveness?
– How to deal with SAP PM Changes?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Model after SAP SE adoptions and describe the risks of SAP SE sustainability.
– How do we go about Comparing SAP PM approaches/solutions?
– What is our formula for success in SAP PM ?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct SAP Web Application Server risks and secure SAP Web Application Server creativity.
– Do we all define SAP PM in the same way?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Coach on Secure Network Communications strategies and devote time assessing Secure Network Communications and its risk.
– How likely is the current SAP PM plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are specific SAP PM Rules to follow?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Infer Secure Socket Layer adoptions and transcribe Secure Socket Layer as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your SAP PM project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to SAP PM?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Service-oriented architecture adoptions and test out new things.
– Is there a SAP PM Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What is the source of the strategies for SAP PM strengthening and reform?
– How do we Improve SAP PM service perception, and satisfaction?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Systematize Software categories adoptions and point out improvements in Software categories.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SAP PM requirements in detail?
– Does SAP PM appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Talk about Software developer tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Software developer.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Do those selected for the SAP PM team have a good general understanding of what SAP PM is all about?
– How do we ensure that implementations of SAP PM products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Start Switching barriers planning and finalize the present value of growth of Switching barriers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying SAP PM, including any consulting or professional services?
– Among the SAP PM product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Travel management planning and tour deciding if Travel management progress is made.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if SAP PM does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Why should we adopt a SAP PM framework?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in User interface goals and remodel and develop an effective User interface strategy.
– In a project to restructure SAP PM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom SAP PM project?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its SAP PM processes?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP PM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP PM External links:
What Is Sap PM? | eHow
Sap Pm Manual – googlecar.store
SAP PM Jobs Description | ERPCrossing.com
Corporate services External links:
People – Title : Corporate Services
Penn Behavioral Health Corporate Services
Key Corporate Services | Executive Recruitment Services
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) | Maricopa …
Enterprise Resource Planning
Environment, health and safety External links:
Environment, Health and Safety | Bloomberg BNA
Environment, Health and Safety | Environment, Health …
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
Financial accounting External links:
[PDF]Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. …
Financial Accounting quiz’s Flashcards | Quizlet
KRS CPAS | Financial Accounting Services | Paramus, NJ
Human Capital Management External links:
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
OMES: Human Capital Management (HCM) – Home Page
Management accounting External links:
Title Management Accounting – scribd.com
Rental Property Management Accounting Software | …
Materials management External links:
Sustainable Materials Management | US EPA
Materials Management And Logistics Essays – …
Middle ware External links:
Modernization-Consolidation_Middle ware gateway…
Out of the box External links:
What is out of the box? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Out Of The Box Installation and Repairs
Out of the Box (TV Series 1998–2004) – IMDb
Production planning External links:
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Production planning via GANTT interface
Quality management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate of Return Calculator | IRR & NPV Calculator
Internal Rate Of Return – IRR
Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – Math is Fun
Real estate External links:
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Real Estate Agents and Brokers – Stewart
Return on investment External links:
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – Financial …
Return On Investment – ROI – Investopedia
My Return on Investment – Capella University
SAP NetWeaver External links:
MWRD – SAP NetWeaver Portal
SAP R/3 External links:
Introduction to SAP R/3 and mySAP ECC ERP – YouTube
SAP R/3 |THWACK
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE – NYSE:SAP – Stock Quote & News – TheStreet
SAP SAP SE ADR XNYS:SAP Stock Quote Price News
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Saipem Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Socket Layer External links:
What is SECURE SOCKET LAYER (SSL)? definition of …
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – Springer
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Become a Software Developer In 12 Weeks | Coder Camps
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers in the Four-Stage Loyalty Model – …
Travel management External links:
Direct Travel | Top Corporate Travel Management Company
Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO)
RezDesk Login :: ADTRAV Travel Management :: service …
User interface External links:
Hjson, a user interface for JSON
Tabbed User Interface – PDI Communications
EWS User Interface