What is involved in Lean Mapping
Find out what the related areas are that Lean Mapping connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Lean Mapping thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Lean Mapping journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Lean Mapping leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Lean Mapping related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Lean Mapping, Value stream mapping, Business process mapping, Control plan, Design of experiments, Failure mode and effects analysis, Forrester effect mapping, Information and Software Technology, Kaizen, Multi-vari chart, Operations management, Pareto chart, Poka-yoke, Process capability, Product development, Project charter, Quality filter mapping, Root cause analysis, Shigeo Shingo, Six Sigma, Statistical process control, Supply chain responsiveness matrix, Toyota, Value chain, Value stream mapping software, Voice of the customer:
Lean Mapping Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Lean Mapping failures and prioritize challenges of Lean Mapping.
– What are the disruptive Lean Mapping technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we know that any Lean Mapping analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who sets the Lean Mapping standards?
Value stream mapping Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Value stream mapping quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Value stream mapping services.
– What is the source of the strategies for Lean Mapping strengthening and reform?
– Who will provide the final approval of Lean Mapping deliverables?
– What are internal and external Lean Mapping relations?
Business process mapping Critical Criteria:
Define Business process mapping governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Business process mapping skills.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Lean Mapping is underway?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Lean Mapping forward?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Lean Mapping objectives?
Control plan Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Control plan management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Control plan services.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Lean Mapping moving forward?
– How can the value of Lean Mapping be defined?
– How do we go about Securing Lean Mapping?
Design of experiments Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Design of experiments engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Design of experiments projects.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Lean Mapping process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Lean Mapping process available?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Lean Mapping?
Failure mode and effects analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Failure mode and effects analysis projects and prioritize challenges of Failure mode and effects analysis.
– Consider your own Lean Mapping project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Have you identified your Lean Mapping key performance indicators?
– Is Lean Mapping Required?
Forrester effect mapping Critical Criteria:
Discourse Forrester effect mapping risks and probe Forrester effect mapping strategic alliances.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Lean Mapping process?
Information and Software Technology Critical Criteria:
Consult on Information and Software Technology risks and be persistent.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Lean Mapping services/products?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Lean Mapping project?
– How do we Improve Lean Mapping service perception, and satisfaction?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Systematize Kaizen management and intervene in Kaizen processes and leadership.
– Can we do Lean Mapping without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How would one define Lean Mapping leadership?
Multi-vari chart Critical Criteria:
Model after Multi-vari chart tasks and secure Multi-vari chart creativity.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Lean Mapping in a volatile global economy?
– Are assumptions made in Lean Mapping stated explicitly?
– Have all basic functions of Lean Mapping been defined?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Operations management planning and triple focus on important concepts of Operations management relationship management.
– What are the key elements of your Lean Mapping performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– What are the short and long-term Lean Mapping goals?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
Pareto chart Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Pareto chart risks and mentor Pareto chart customer orientation.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Lean Mapping workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Lean Mapping values?
– Does our organization need more Lean Mapping education?
Poka-yoke Critical Criteria:
Think about Poka-yoke outcomes and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Poka-yoke.
– Does Lean Mapping analysis show the relationships among important Lean Mapping factors?
– Do we have past Lean Mapping Successes?
– What threat is Lean Mapping addressing?
Process capability Critical Criteria:
Generalize Process capability engagements and summarize a clear Process capability focus.
– what is the best design framework for Lean Mapping organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we go about Comparing Lean Mapping approaches/solutions?
– Are there Lean Mapping problems defined?
Product development Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Product development outcomes and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Product development services.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– The owner of the product development processes in one of the companies stated: there are no product managers named in the company, what should they do?
– What can we do to ensure that all the necessary product development steps are adequately followed under the pressure of being first to market?
– Compare sequential product development and simultaneous product development. what are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach?
– Project type: what percent of resources should go to new product developments?
– What are we trying to do whilst progressing a product development lifecycle ?
– How should you most effectively invest your product development resources?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Lean Mapping been identified and analyzed?
– Which step in new product development you think is the most important?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development and/or innovation?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development andor innovation?
– What are the steps in the new product development process?
– How can new product development be sped up?
Project charter Critical Criteria:
Probe Project charter strategies and define what do we need to start doing with Project charter.
– Which customers cant participate in our Lean Mapping domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Which Lean Mapping goals are the most important?
Quality filter mapping Critical Criteria:
Unify Quality filter mapping failures and explain and analyze the challenges of Quality filter mapping.
– What are the business goals Lean Mapping is aiming to achieve?
Root cause analysis Critical Criteria:
Confer over Root cause analysis tactics and achieve a single Root cause analysis view and bringing data together.
– How will you know that the Lean Mapping project has been successful?
– What will drive Lean Mapping change?
– Do we do Root Cause Analysis?
Shigeo Shingo Critical Criteria:
Dissect Shigeo Shingo results and explore and align the progress in Shigeo Shingo.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Lean Mapping project manager?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Six Sigma governance and acquire concise Six Sigma education.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– In what ways are Lean Mapping vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
Statistical process control Critical Criteria:
Survey Statistical process control tactics and transcribe Statistical process control as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Lean Mapping product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Lean Mapping, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control Complementary or Incompatible?
Supply chain responsiveness matrix Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Supply chain responsiveness matrix visions and cater for concise Supply chain responsiveness matrix education.
– Is the Lean Mapping organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does Lean Mapping analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Toyota Critical Criteria:
Confer re Toyota tactics and gather Toyota models .
– Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Lean Mapping project?
– What is the purpose of Lean Mapping in relation to the mission?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Value chain failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Value chain and constraints.
– Think about the people you identified for your Lean Mapping project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Value stream mapping software Critical Criteria:
Boost Value stream mapping software engagements and drive action.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Lean Mapping with what users do day-to-day?
– What about Lean Mapping Analysis of results?
Voice of the customer Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Voice of the customer planning and work towards be a leading Voice of the customer expert.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Lean Mapping?
– To what extent does management recognize Lean Mapping as a tool to increase the results?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Lean Mapping?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Lean Mapping Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Lean Mapping External links:
CiteSeerX — LEAN Mapping
Strategic Lean Mapping – Project Management World Journal
Value stream mapping External links:
Value Stream Mapping – Advanced Management Services
[PDF]Title Value Stream Mapping for SMEs: a case study
SME – Value Stream Mapping
Business process mapping External links:
Essential Guide to Business Process Mapping | Smartsheet
What is business process mapping? – Definition from …
Control plan External links:
How to Develop an Anger Management Control Plan
[PDF]Exposure Control Plan for Bloodborne Pathogens
Snow and ice control plan | City of Lexington
Design of experiments External links:
Lesson 1: Introduction to Design of Experiments | …
[PDF]Statistical Design of Experiments – University of …
Design of Experiments Software | DOE Software for Excel
Failure mode and effects analysis External links:
[PDF]FAILURE MODE AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS (FMEA)
[PDF]Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Forrester effect mapping External links:
Forrester effect mapping – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Forrester effect mapping
Information and Software Technology External links:
Information and Software Technology – Official Site
Information and Software Technology Journal – Home | Facebook
Kaizen External links:
Kaizen – Gaining the Benefits of Continuous Improvement
Kaizen Foam – FastCap – Woodworking Tools
Executive Search | Lean Recruiters – Home | Career Kaizen
Multi-vari chart External links:
ASQ: The Multi-Vari Chart: An Underutilized Quality Tool
Operations management External links:
Master of science in Operations Management | …
Systems and Operations Management | California …
20 Best Title:(operations Management) jobs (Hiring …
Pareto chart External links:
Pareto Chart in Excel – Easy Excel Tutorial
How to Create a Pareto Chart in MS Excel 2010: 14 Steps
Poka-yoke External links:
Poka-Yoke – system, examples, type, company, workpla…
[PDF]Poka-Yoke Presentation for ASQ
Process capability External links:
How to Explain and Understand Process Capability – iSixSigma
www.isixsigma.com › … › Capability Indices/Process Capability
Process Capability (Cp, Cpk) and Process Performance …
www.isixsigma.com › … › Capability Indices/Process Capability
[PDF]PROCESS CAPABILITY (SPC) Section 4 – Powers …
supplier.powersandsonsllc.com/Section 4 – Process Capability (SPC).pdf
Product development External links:
SIGMADESIGN – Product Development Consulting Firms
i3 Product Development – Official Site
Pharmaceutical Research | Product Development | Incyte…
Project charter External links:
What Is a Project Charter? Steering Your Project to Suc…
Quality filter mapping External links:
Quality filter mapping | Supply Chain | Pinterest | …
Quality filter mapping – Rediff Pages
Root cause analysis External links:
[PDF]The Importance of Root Cause Analysis During …
Root Cause Analysis – VA National Center for Patient Safety
Shigeo Shingo External links:
Shigeo Shingo DVD| Unscripted Video of Dr. Shingo …
Shigeo Shingo – YouTube
Shigeo Shingo – Quality Gurus
Six Sigma External links:
What Is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Get CSSGB Certified – ASQ
Statistical process control External links:
[PDF]Statistical Process Control, Part 2: How and Why …
WinSPC – statistical process control software
Statistical Process Control (SPC) Tutorial – …
Supply chain responsiveness matrix External links:
Supply Chain Responsiveness Matrix Definition – What …
Toyota External links:
Toyota – Official Site
Browse Our Inventory Today – Official Toyota® Website
Ad · www.buyatoyota.com/Toyota
Value chain External links:
U.S. Global Value Chain Coalition
Comparing Value Chain and Supply Chain | QStock …
Data Value Chain | Onvia
Value stream mapping software External links:
Value Stream Mapping Software – Process …
Value Stream Mapping Software | BreezeTree
Voice of the customer External links:
[PPT]Voice of the Customer: Office 365 – Microsoft
[PDF]THE VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER. – mit.edu
The voice of the customer (Book, 1992) [WorldCat.org]