What is involved in Revenue Assurance
Find out what the related areas are that Revenue Assurance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Revenue Assurance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Revenue Assurance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Revenue Assurance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Revenue Assurance related domains to cover and 95 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Revenue Assurance, Cash flow, Complex system, Data quality, Federal Communications Commission, Internet service provider, Profit, Revenue, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Telecommunication:
Revenue Assurance Critical Criteria:
Own Revenue Assurance engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of Revenue Assurance.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Revenue Assurance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Revenue Assurance process available?
– Think about the people you identified for your Revenue Assurance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Revenue Assurance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Cash flow Critical Criteria:
Confer re Cash flow decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Cash flow relationship management.
– If depreciation is an expense, why is it added back to an investments net income to compute the net cash flow from that investment?
– What factors must be considered that otherwise may be ignored when the objective is to discount net cash flow after taxes?
– What are the major differences between cash flow analyses for an expansion project and those for a replacement project?
– Should analysts measure cash flows of capital budgeting projects from the viewpoint of the subsidiary or the parent?
– Are earnings and cash flow sufficient to cover interest payments and provide for some principal repayment?
– Include all projected income and all projected cash disbursements (payments) Hows your cash flow?
– Is there a Revenue Assurance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Are earnings and cash flows sufficient to cover interest payments and some principal repayments?
– What is the appropriate treatment of recaptured NOWC in terms of computing terminal cash flows?
– What are the tax benefits of depreciation and how do they play into cash flow calculations?
– Why should the capital budgeting process use cash flows instead of accounting profits?
– Why should corporate managers consider only incremental, after-tax cash flows?
– Should financing costs be considered when measuring a projects cash flows?
– Should sunk costs be included when estimating cash flows?
– How would you describe a poor, or negative, cash flow?
– What happens if the net cash flows are uneven?
– What is Discounted Cash Flow Analysis?
– How do we Lead with Revenue Assurance in Mind?
– What threat is Revenue Assurance addressing?
– How do cash flow problems start?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Complex system quality and correct Complex system management by competencies.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Revenue Assurance study?
– What are specific Revenue Assurance Rules to follow?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Data quality governance and sort Data quality activities.
– Were changes made during the file extract period to how the data are processed, such as changes to mode of data collection, changes to instructions for completing the application form, changes to the edit, changes to classification codes, or changes to the query system used to retrieve the data?
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Do the data collected, analyzed and reported have established mechanisms in place to reduce manipulation or simple errors in transcription?
– Are there operational indicator definitions meeting relevant standards that are systematically followed by all service points?
– Are clearly written instructions available on how to use the reporting tools/forms related to people reached/served?
– Are data maintained in accordance with international or national confidentiality guidelines?
– What investigations/analyses have been conducted that reveal Data Quality characteristics?
– Are there established qualitative and quantitative measures of metaData Quality?
– What is the proportion of duplicate records on the data file?
– Program goals are key – what do you want to do with the data?
– Has management performed regular Data Quality assessments?
– Do you use the same data collection methods for all sites?
– Do you clearly document your data collection methods?
– Verification: is the data complete and correct?
– Timeliness: is data available when needed?
– Scan individual records are there gaps?
– Have Data Quality objectives been met?
– Do you train data collectors?
– Who sets public standards ?
– Are records complete?
Federal Communications Commission Critical Criteria:
Read up on Federal Communications Commission governance and oversee Federal Communications Commission requirements.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Revenue Assurance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Revenue Assurance, including any consulting or professional services?
– Think about the functions involved in your Revenue Assurance project. what processes flow from these functions?
Internet service provider Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Internet service provider outcomes and customize techniques for implementing Internet service provider controls.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Revenue Assurance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Revenue Assurance moving forward?
– Is the scope of Revenue Assurance defined?
Profit Critical Criteria:
Categorize Profit strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Profit.
– In the case of a Revenue Assurance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Revenue Assurance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Revenue Assurance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– What if extending the services you offer to meet increasing customer needs was profitable?
– Which of my customers have the potential for a high-profit, sustainable relationship?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– How is LTV calculated and how does it differ from ROI and profitability?
– How do we incorporate a service profit chain concept in our design?
– Profitability – will the product be (highly) profitable?
– How can nonprofits switch to a data-informed culture?
– Are profits high enough, given the level of sales?
– What do profitability ratios measure?
– Who are your most profitable Clients?
– Is there a pattern of profit fade?
– Is the profit margin holding?
– Effect on category profits?
– Profit motive or altruism?
– Do we have bad profits?
Revenue Critical Criteria:
Rank Revenue tasks and remodel and develop an effective Revenue strategy.
– Distribution of Savings – It should be distributed in proportion to contribution to savings, after expenses, but will savings go to investors, owners, to cover lost hospital or providers revenues relative to fee for service?
– Will our actions, process, program or procedure result in the loss of revenue, workforce downtime, litigation, or increased resource expenditure?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– What percentage of revenues is generated from services provided by sub-contractors?
– How well are the companys assets being employed to generate sales revenue?
– How will you know that the Revenue Assurance project has been successful?
– Are you achieving the sales revenue per channel partner that you expect?
– How will the company generate revenue for its product or service?
– What are some of the ways CRM increases our companys revenues?
– Who will provide the final approval of Revenue Assurance deliverables?
– Is revenue recognition aggressive or conservative?
– How does the firm measure revenues?
– How are revenue variances computed?
– What was revenue for the year?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Devise Sarbanes-Oxley Act issues and acquire concise Sarbanes-Oxley Act education.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Revenue Assurance services/products?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Revenue Assurance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Telecommunication Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Telecommunication visions and grade techniques for implementing Telecommunication controls.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What are the key elements of your Revenue Assurance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
– What will drive Revenue Assurance change?
– Is a Revenue Assurance Team Work effort in place?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Revenue Assurance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Revenue Assurance External links:
Revenue assurance (RA) is a niche business activity most commonly undertaken within businesses that provide telecommunication services. The activity is the use of data quality and process improvement methods that improve profits, revenues and cash flows without influencing demand.
Revenue assurance. (eJournal / eMagazine, 2000s) …
Revenue assurance (eJournal / eMagazine, 1990s) …
Cash flow External links:
ProducePay – Cash Flow solutions for Farmers
Cash Flow 2 (2016) – IMDb
Complex system External links:
Complex System Technologies – FidusCrypt GmbH
Model-Based Design of Complex Systems
Data quality External links:
Integrated Data Quality Solutions by helpIT systems
Federal Communications Commission External links:
[PDF]Federal Communications Commission FCC 17-104 …
Federal Communications Commission – AllGov
Federal Communications Commission | The United …
Internet service provider External links:
NetWest Online, Inc – Premier Internet Service Provider
BVN – BigValley Internet Service Provider
Revenue External links:
Title Services | Department of Revenue
SC Department of Revenue
Arizona Department of Revenue
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Email Retention Policies – Intradyn
Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 Flashcards | Quizlet
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act – Northeast Record Retention
Telecommunication External links:
Intelisys – Telecommunications Master Agency
Telecommunication Relay Services | DSHS