What is involved in SAP PM
Find out what the related areas are that SAP PM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP PM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP PM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP PM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP PM related domains to cover and 95 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP PM, SAP ERP, Corporate services, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, Human Capital Management, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Travel management, User interface:
SAP PM Critical Criteria:
Check SAP PM visions and find out what it really means.
– Does SAP PM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once SAP PM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What vendors make products that address the SAP PM needs?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on SAP ERP outcomes and summarize a clear SAP ERP focus.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SAP PM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SAP PM process available?
– What are the disruptive SAP PM technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does SAP PM appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Corporate services management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Corporate services projects.
– What potential environmental factors impact the SAP PM effort?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Nurse Enterprise resource planning management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Enterprise resource planning projects.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations SAP PM values?
– How will you measure your SAP PM effectiveness?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Look at Environment, health and safety results and define what do we need to start doing with Environment, health and safety.
– What are our needs in relation to SAP PM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SAP PM requirements in detail?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Test Financial accounting results and attract Financial accounting skills.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting SAP PM with what users do day-to-day?
– How would one define SAP PM leadership?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Human Capital Management adoptions and question.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– Does SAP PM systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in SAP PM?
– Is there any existing SAP PM governance structure?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Management accounting results and catalog what business benefits will Management accounting goals deliver if achieved.
– What is the total cost related to deploying SAP PM, including any consulting or professional services?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a SAP PM project?
– What is our formula for success in SAP PM ?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Detail Materials management issues and find answers.
– What is the source of the strategies for SAP PM strengthening and reform?
– Is Supporting SAP PM documentation required?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Middle ware tasks and test out new things.
– How do we ensure that implementations of SAP PM products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed SAP PM opportunities costing us money?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Out of the box failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to SAP PM?
– Have you identified your SAP PM key performance indicators?
– Do we have past SAP PM Successes?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Pilot Production planning governance and balance specific methods for improving Production planning results.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a SAP PM study?
– How is the value delivered by SAP PM being measured?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Quality management decisions and look in other fields.
– When a SAP PM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the Key enablers to make this SAP PM move?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Rate of return issues and research ways can we become the Rate of return company that would put us out of business.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your SAP PM processes?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
– What are specific SAP PM Rules to follow?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Guide Real estate results and define Real estate competency-based leadership.
– Which customers cant participate in our SAP PM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– For your SAP PM project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are we Assessing SAP PM and Risk?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Return on investment outcomes and know what your objective is.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Think of your SAP PM project. what are the main functions?
– Does our organization need more SAP PM education?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Participate in SAP NetWeaver risks and gather practices for scaling SAP NetWeaver.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective SAP PM leader?
– What are the usability implications of SAP PM actions?
– How do we maintain SAP PMs Integrity?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Align SAP R/2 management and correct better engagement with SAP R/2 results.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving SAP PM forward?
– How to Secure SAP PM?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about SAP R/3 risks and tour deciding if SAP R/3 progress is made.
– How likely is the current SAP PM plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How will you know that the SAP PM project has been successful?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Map SAP S/4HANA engagements and get the big picture.
– Can we add value to the current SAP PM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we go about Comparing SAP PM approaches/solutions?
– How do we keep improving SAP PM?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Be clear about SAP SE strategies and display thorough understanding of the SAP SE process.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SAP PM processes?
– How do we Improve SAP PM service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can we improve SAP PM?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Shape SAP Web Application Server risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential SAP Web Application Server information.
– To what extent does management recognize SAP PM as a tool to increase the results?
– Who needs to know about SAP PM ?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Secure Network Communications planning and cater for concise Secure Network Communications education.
– What management system can we use to leverage the SAP PM experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding SAP PM?
– Who will provide the final approval of SAP PM deliverables?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Categorize Secure Socket Layer visions and summarize a clear Secure Socket Layer focus.
– What are the barriers to increased SAP PM production?
– Is SAP PM Required?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Consider Service-oriented architecture visions and mentor Service-oriented architecture customer orientation.
– Do the SAP PM decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of SAP PM moving forward?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Read up on Software categories leadership and finalize specific methods for Software categories acceptance.
– Consider your own SAP PM project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– In what ways are SAP PM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SAP PM project?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Software developer tasks and catalog what business benefits will Software developer goals deliver if achieved.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which SAP PM models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Think about the functions involved in your SAP PM project. what processes flow from these functions?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Switching barriers failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Switching barriers and constraints.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SAP PM strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How to deal with SAP PM Changes?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Travel management leadership and catalog Travel management activities.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether SAP PM goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase User interface projects and research ways can we become the User interface company that would put us out of business.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that SAP PM objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of SAP PM that make it risky?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP PM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP PM External links:
SAP PM (EAM) Overview Training – YouTube
[PDF]Sap Pm Configuration Guide – tonlesap.store
What Is Sap PM? | eHow
Corporate services External links:
Penn Behavioral Health Corporate Services
Title Upgrading – Capital Corporate Services Ltd.
People – Title : Corporate Services
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning
MDConnect | Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
Environment, health and safety External links:
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
Safety Training – Environment, Health and Safety
Financial accounting External links:
WIPFLI – Financial Accounting Outsourcing
Financial Accounting quiz’s Flashcards | Quizlet
Financial Accounting Resource Center™ | Bloomberg BNA
Human Capital Management External links:
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
Zuma Payroll & Processing – Human Capital Management
OMES: Human Capital Management (HCM) – Home Page
Management accounting External links:
Management accounting (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
Title Management Accounting – scribd.com
Materials management External links:
Materials Management And Logistics Essays – …
Purchasing and materials management professional …
skagit.craigslist.org › resumes › resumes / job wanted
Middle ware External links:
Modernization-Consolidation_Middle ware gateway…
Out of the box External links:
Out of the Box | Out of the Box
Out of the Box (TV Series 1998–2004) – IMDb
What is out of the box? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Production planning External links:
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Production planning via GANTT interface
Quality management External links:
ASI DATAMYTE – The Global Leaders in Quality Management
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate of Return Calculator | IRR & NPV Calculator
Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – Math is Fun
Real estate External links:
Real Estate Agents and Brokers – Stewart
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Return on investment External links:
Return on Investment | CENTURY 21
Return on Investment (ROI) – Entrepreneur
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – Financial …
SAP NetWeaver External links:
SAP NetWeaver Portal
SAP R/3 External links:
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
Oct 24, 2017 · Is there a template or any information available on what to monitor on Windows servers runnning SAP R/3?
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
Chapter 1 – Introduction to SAP R/3 – YouTube
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE: FRA:SAP quotes & news – Google Finance
SAP Interactive Stock Chart | SAP SE Stock – Yahoo Finance
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Saipem Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Socket Layer External links:
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – Springer
Software categories External links:
Browse Software Categories | Crozdesk
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Software Developer Salary – PayScale
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers in the Four-Stage Loyalty Model – …
Switching Barriers | Information System | Feedback
Travel management External links:
The Travel Team – Corporate Travel Management – …
Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO)
Direct Travel | Top Corporate Travel Management Company
User interface External links:
Login – Terminal Customer User Interface – Colonial Pipeline
EWS User Interface
PKG User Interface Solutions