Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Walk-Up Support Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Walk-Up Support related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Walk-Up Support specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Walk-Up Support Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 922 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Walk-Up Support improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 922 standard requirements:
- Were there any improvement opportunities identified from the process analysis?
- What trouble can we get into?
- What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Walk-Up Support ?
- In what ways are Walk-Up Support vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
- What management system can we use to leverage the Walk-Up Support experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
- Who controls critical resources?
- Who will provide the final approval of Walk-Up Support deliverables?
- What is the right balance of time and resources between investigation, analysis, and discussion and dissemination?
- How do controls support value?
- Can we add value to the current Walk-Up Support decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Walk-Up Support book in PDF containing 922 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Walk-Up Support self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Walk-Up Support Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Walk-Up Support areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Walk-Up Support Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Walk-Up Support projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Walk-Up Support Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Walk-Up Support project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Risk Audit: Is your organization an exempt employer for payroll tax purposes?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: How are new requirements or changes to requirements identified?
- Activity Attributes: Has management defined a definite timeframe for the turnaround or Walk-Up Support project window?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Is the technology to be built new to your organization?
- Process Improvement Plan: Modeling current processes is great, but will you ever see a return on that investment?
- Activity Duration Estimates: A Walk-Up Support project manager is using weighted average duration estimates to perform schedule network analysis. Which type of mathematical analysis is being used?
- Risk Management Plan: Does the Walk-Up Support project team have experience with the technology to be implemented?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Authority: What areas/Walk-Up Support projects in your work do you have the authority to decide upon and act on those decisions?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are the people assigned to the Walk-Up Support project sufficiently qualified?
- Team Operating Agreement: Are leadership responsibilities shared among team members (versus a single leader)?
Step-by-step and complete Walk-Up Support Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Walk-Up Support project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Walk-Up Support project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Walk-Up Support project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Walk-Up Support project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Walk-Up Support project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Walk-Up Support project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Walk-Up Support project with this in-depth Walk-Up Support Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Walk-Up Support projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Walk-Up Support and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Walk-Up Support investments work better.
This Walk-Up Support All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.