Ensure a typical day on your team involves working with users to design new security features, prototyping and demonstrating features to your users, deploying software through your large automated systems, and operationally supporting your newly deployed software.
More Uses of the Web Security Toolkit:
- Engage with teams to influence overall culture by participating in efforts like mentoring, training, process improvements, developing internal software tools and utilities, etc.
- Provide technical support/engineering for network/cloud firewalls, network/cloud Intrusion detection/prevention systems, virtual private networks, and web security gateways.
- Perform threat modeling, design and code review to assess security implications and requirements for the introduction of new systems and technologies.
- Be accountable for developing and testing code for web and mobile applications using modern methods of development across the full stack frameworks, web services, etc.
- Orchestrate: research security controls, vulnerabilities or interoperability issues, enterprise and cloud risks, and provide guidance to IT teams on effective mitigation strategies and controls.
- Oversee: work quickly and carefully to complete small edits, develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites.
- Identify security sensitive functionality in apps and services lacking security coverage and build out automation to bring security awareness into the affected areas.
- Manage: industry standard backup systems, virtual server management systems, network concepts, programming, and hardware, patch management, email security/filtering, proxy, and web security/filtering.
- Analyze systems, threat model new features, identify security vulnerabilities in implementation, and recommend cloud security controls to ensure end to end protection.
- Ensure your organization conducts network analysis and research to address changing business and/or software needs for large or unusual projects and for projects introducing new technology or new business processes.
- Perform threat modeling, security architecture review to assess security implications and requirements to safeguard high value assets/systems.
- Develop web architecture and content management platform to effectively distribute content that is engaging, relevant, and reflective of organizations mission and values.
- Ensure your organization as part of the Product and Engineering team, Software engineers work closely with the Product, Quality, Site Reliability, and Integration teams to complete tasks.
- Ensure you lead threat modeling and security design review with engineering teams, provide subject matter expertise in resolving complex security problems.
- Initiate: enterprise security, information assurance, penetration testing, cybersecurity and cryptography encryption concepts, web security, cyber risk, risk management, reducing cyber risk, vulnerability management/remediation.